NCAC supports the independent acoustical consulting business through recognition, peer-to-peer learning, industry standards, education, and business resources.
Promote Your Business
- Listing in Directory of Acoustical Consultants
- Online job board
- Active online Member Forum sharing technical and business information in a uniquely collaborative environment
- Member-only Wiki
- Virtual roundtable discussions on business topics
Education & Resources
- Business-focused education
- Webinars, including early career webinars
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion resources
- Annual conference seminars, tours and roundtables
- Quarterly magazine with mix of business and technical articles
Professional Recognition & Standards
- Promotes NCAC members who have the highest credentials and proven experience
- Promotes highest level of integrity amongst members through Canon of Ethics
- NCAC is involved in international acoustical standards committees on behalf of acoustical consultants
Join The National Council of Acoustical Consultants
Join an international community of more than 130 firms in 12 countries.
NCAC accepts professional firms that specialize in acoustical consulting based upon education, references, and most importantly – the proven experience of the principals of the firm. NCAC members hold themselves to high standards of professionalism by adhering to a Canon of Ethics and following guidelines for attribution of credit.
To qualify to be an NCAC member, the firm principals who practice acoustical consulting must be a full Member (or Fellow) of either Acoustical Society of America, The Institute of Noise Control Engineering USA, or the Audio Engineering Society. These associations have their own rigorous standards applying to education, demonstrated experience, and references from professional peers. With approval of the Board of Directors in specific circumstances, NCAC Principals may be accepted based on full membership in alternative technical societies or alternative professional credentials or licensing based specifically on knowledge and experience in acoustics. Download complete membership requirements.
For Existing NCAC Member Firms:
Individual Membership: Individual Membership is available only to employees of a Firm Member. Individuals must be engaged in an acoustical consulting capacity and must be a full Member (or Fellow) of either Acoustical Society of America, The Institute of Noise Control Engineering USA, or the Audio Engineering Society. Individual Member Application.
If you are a staff member of an NCAC member firm and would like access to the NCAC community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.