Acoustician – ( 230003D6 )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Stantec’s West Coast buildings group is looking for an Acoustician to join their growing team. This position will be located in Stantec’s Seattle, WA office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates with architects, engineers and other disciplines in the built environment.
- Partners with the design team on architectural acoustics, mechanical systems noise and vibration control, and environmental noise control.
- Builds and maintains client relationships.
- Meets financial performance targets and delivers projects within budget.
- Handles acoustic design development and document preparation.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations.
- Communicates with manufacturers, design team, and contractors to address challenges and develop practical design options.
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications for acoustical products.
- Understands the technical background behind his/her own work
- Wiling and capable to communicate designs and design requirements with clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional experience specific to acoustical design and vibration control in a wide variety of project types, including, but not limited to, educational facilities, theatres for drama and music, healthcare facilities, commercial spaces, high-end multifamily residential, and environmental noise.
- Ability to produce, project-related documents, including sketches, memos, and reports to appropriate standards.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards applicable to the industry.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects, including LEED and WELL.
- Knowledge of related engineering standards.
- Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes is preferred.
- Ability to review detailed drawings.
- Ability to research and present design options.
- Ability to learn or basic familiarity with recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP preferred.
- Familiarity with SoundPlan, EASE, and sound and vibration measuring equipment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of office software.
- Ability to learn and deftly navigate customized in-house database and software applications.
- Ability to read, interpret, and act upon information included in specifications, submittals, RFIs, etc.
- This position will report to and be required to work within the Seattle, Washington offices five days a week to start for onboarding. Presence in the Seattle, Washington offices is required a minimum of three days per week after onboarding.
- Regional and out-of-state travel is required on occasion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in related field plus minimum of 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The related experience should predominantly be in building acoustics.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best! #DesignYourPlace
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
89,800.00 – 130,100.00 (CA, CO, WA locations only)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
- Washington state employees are eligible to accrue 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 40 hours worked except for Seattle employees who accrue sick leave in accordance with the city’s paid sick leave law.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans