Vibrasure Consulting Engineers
Vibrasure is a dynamic firm providing specialty microvibration and acoustical consulting services across a wide variety of industries and markets. We work on all kinds of projects where good acoustical and vibration design adds value and makes the world a better place. Our eclectic project mix and strong client base among architectural / engineering firms as well as owners has given our team a uniquely-diverse set of experiences and skills. Recent projects include design for a new nuclear fusion energy R&D campus with labs and offices; machine vibration isolation for an astronomical observatory; redevelopment of an old shipyard for office and retail space; and negotiating support to help an outdoor concert venue coexist with an inpatient/residential university medical center. This interdisciplinary cross-pollination between industries and markets helps us deliver better work for our clients and gives our team members excellent opportunities for career development. You can find us online at www.vibrasure.com.
Location and Work Environment
We are based in San Francisco, but due to our specialty experience, we work all over the world. Most of our projects are along the West Coast and in the Midwest, and some travel should be expected. Our hours are flexible, and we currently operate with a hybrid office model that keeps us in close contact but minimizes unnecessary commuting time. While we prefer staff to be co-located with us here in Northern California, we are open to remote work. We periodically bring remote staff to San Francisco to sit with us, providing opportunities for face-to-face collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and team-building.
Our senior staff present many opportunities for mentoring and career development, and we encourage (and fund) participation in organizations like INCE, ASA, and IEST. We value R&D and “tool generation”, so we provide time and resources for the development of systems and processes that help us work together, smarter rather than harder. While we individually have some specialty and focus, we do not “silo” our staff, and everyone has something to contribute to every project.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we seek diversity in perspective, experience, and background.
If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of knowledge and practice in our field, and if you share our interest in making the world better, then we are interested in hearing from you.
Vibrasure offers a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision insurance; 401(k) with matching; and optional HSA/FSA and commuter benefits. We provide a modest budget to furnish or improve home office space for those who wish to work remotely.
Senior Acoustical Consultant
We are currently seeking a Senior Acoustical Consultant to join our staff to help grow our residential and commercial acoustical capabilities. Many of our projects involve complex programs, and it is not unusual for a project to include combinations of industrial, laboratory, healthcare, commercial, and residential components. Within these, there are plenty of opportunities for someone with residential/commercial experience to be exposed to and participate in the more-esoteric sides of these interesting developments. Successful candidates will have 4 or more years of experience in acoustical consulting and are eager to work on unique and exciting projects:
- B.S. in a related discipline (e.g., architecture or engineering), preferably with acoustical and/or vibration coursework
- 4 years of acoustical consulting experience; preference is for 4 to 8 years
- Experience with project management
- Self-starter and able to work both independently as well as in close collaboration with the entire team
- Good people skills, with the ability to work with and manage/develop clients
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to discuss complex issues with diverse audiences
- Solid working knowledge of acoustical measurements and related data analyses
- Experience with acoustical modeling software (EASE; SoundPlan / CadnaA; AIM; TNM; etc.)
- General computer skills and familiarity with office software (MS Office; Adobe / Bluebeam; Sketchup / AutoCAD / Revit)
- Preference given to those familiar with software development and data processing tools (Python; C; Linux; VBA; etc.)
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems and construction is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability / willingness to travel for project work
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
- Local to SF Bay Area is desirable, but not required
If you are interested in joining our team, please reach out to Tyler Rynberg at firstname.lastname@example.org