The National Council of Acoustical Consultants is committed to enhancing the stature and effectiveness of the acoustical consulting profession for the mutual benefit of the public and member firms. We believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive industry and organization are essential to carrying out this mission. As such, the NCAC fully supports the commitment to diversity, equity and justice reaffirmed by the Acoustical Society of America in their June 3, 2020 statement on racism and injustice.
NCAC recognizes we need to do more to contribute to the diversity of the acoustics industry. Therefore, NCAC will dedicate time and resources to take the following actions:
- Offer a seminar on a diversity and inclusion topic at the 2020 NCAC Virtual Meeting.
- Review of NCAC Canon of Ethics to ensure member firms are accountable for non-discriminatory employment practices.
- Create a scholarship program for underrepresented and disadvantaged students.
- Identify and provide resources and training to support NCAC member firms in their diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Create a standing NCAC Diversity and Inclusion Committee made up of a diverse group of NCAC members to ensure significant and sustained diversity and inclusion efforts.