Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE) is seeking a Senior Acoustical Engineer/Consultant to lead our industrial acoustical consulting business.
NCE is a premier engineering consulting firm located in Billerica, Massachusetts. We specialize in industrial and marine noise and vibration control, assisting a diverse range of clients to design safe and comfortable working and living environments that meet a range of acoustic criteria. We pride ourselves on effective and efficient acoustical analyses and in-field testing to assess and solve challenging noise issues.
In this role, you will lead efforts to develop new business relationships, interface directly with clients, identify appropriate analysis approaches for a variety of acoustical issues, and perform modeling and testing to evaluate and solve acoustical problems. You will be responsible for leading NCE engineers to assist you in performing model-based assessments and in-field testing, simultaneously providing a learning environment where NCE employees can succeed and develop. You will create budgets for marketing and business development efforts and attend related trade shows and events to develop and expand NCE’s land-based business portfolio. You will also be required to occasionally assist with marine acoustics projects.
NCE encourages forward thinking and identification of new approaches to data collection and analysis. Travel is required throughout the United States and sometimes abroad.
Please visit our website (www.noise-control.com) to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at NCE.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to our applicant center for review. A writing sample will be requested as part of the evaluation process.
Successful NCE Employees:
- Are eager to perform acoustical and vibration design assessments, mitigation strategy development, and testing.
- Strive for excellence.
- Demonstrate a mutual respect for coworkers in a culture of collaboration, integrity, and innovation.
- Are willing to take on our clients’ problems as our own, become the clients’ advocate, and cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and graphical communication
- Demonstrate a passion for noise and vibration control
- Are motivated to identify and pursue internal and external professional growth opportunities, including areas outside their specific discipline.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Acoustics, or other related field, preferably with coursework in acoustics and/or vibrations.
- 7-10+ years of working experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of sound and vibration control in industrial environments.
- Experience with positive client interaction and business development.
- Experience in leading and managing noise control projects, individually and with a team.
- Experience performing acoustic testing for diagnostics and compliance.
- Acoustical computational modeling experience with demonstrated success.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages.
- Travel and fieldwork are required. Some project assignments may require a valid driver’s license, current passport, and/or TWIC card.
- NCE works on ITAR and classified projects. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen in order to comply with the requirements of these projects.
NCE offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit-sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan. We are an employee-owned company and we aim to take care of our employees as well as the company.
NCE is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NCE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit the following items to our applicant center in order to be considered for the position –
- Cover letter
Applicants missing any documentation will not be considered.