22000428 – Location Flexible
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec Canada seeks motivated individuals with a minimum 10 years of experience to help support and participate in the continuous growth of our services in the building acoustics market. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the technical and client management of complex projects in the built environment, and the integration of acoustics into the design of high performing buildings.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working directly with the Noise, Vibration and Acoustics (NVA) group’s building acoustic lead to support building acoustic projects for both internal and external clients.
- Be proactive and motivated to meet agreed deadlines.
- Manage building acoustics projects ranging from small to large scale from inception to completion; Project deliverables are on schedule, within the scope and budget of the project.
- Collaborate with project managers to manage acoustic scope and deliverables on multi-discipline Stantec projects.
- Contribute to growing new building acoustics services annually.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active role in the development of our business with new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with clients and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Undertake architectural acoustic and vibration design, including evaluating, specifying, and designing noise and vibration controls for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems.
- Develop clear recommendations and communicate via written documents and sketches to clients, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Lead meetings and workshops with clients, including preparing and carrying out presentations.
- Conduct and supervise sound and vibration measurements on-site.
- Conduct and supervise field reviews during contract administration, review shop drawings and support the construction phase of projects.
- Responsible for financial management of projects.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations.
- Maintaining professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Conducting data collection, desktop based technical analysis and modeling, post processing, interpretation, and documentation of results.
- Coordinating with project teams (internal and external).
- Working to assist in streamlining and standardizing methods for data collection and analysis.
- Overseeing and training junior and intermediate staff in both field work, analysis and report preparation.
- Collaborate with other Stantec practitioners from multiple offices around the global organization.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of architectural acoustics, mechanical HVAC noise control design and vibration isolation is required. Those with a strong mechanical noise background are preferred.
- Experience on Design-Build and Public-Private-Partnership (P3) project delivery models would be an asset.
- Familiarity with noise and vibration data acquisition practices and software.
- Experience with building acoustics testing, including ASTC, AIIC and NC.
- Experience with sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, Stamina, STAMSON, INSUL, EASE, ODEON etc.) would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a team environment and communicating with external clients.
- Working knowledge of software (e.g., Microsoft Office, CAD, etc.).
- Creative, organized, and able to multi-task while working independently.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” skills.
- Diligent and detail oriented with the desire to learn.
- Flexibility in scheduling required for travel related to site surveys.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Availability to conduct field work during and outside normal business hours, and for extended periods as required.
- Willingness for occasional travel, within Canada or internationally.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited university or college with applicable engineering and/or technical degree.
- 10 years of consulting in the field of architectural acoustics and/or mechanical noise consulting.
- Registered or eligible to register as Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineer of Ontario or other Canadian provinces is an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Apply now at: https://stantec.jobs/mississauga-on/acoustic-consultant-seniorintermediate/CD3E64649B8C41708BA95B87DAE2095B/job/
We seek to hire an experienced acoustics consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group located in Southern California.
This senior-level position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. You will work alongside some of the best acoustical consultants in the country to provide excellent guidance to our clients – architects, engineers, building owners, arts organizations, and other user groups. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project management – from proposal writing to final construction and project closeout. Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies (ASA, INCE, and others), and support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts.
Experience and background well suited to this position include:
- 10+ years working for an acoustics consulting firm.
- Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
- Providing consulting related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types.
- Evaluating community and environmental noise.
- Reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Skill and interest in developing business, and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech.
- Passion for their work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
Additional experience that is beneficial (but not required to apply) includes:
- A working understanding of vibration isolation.
- Performing acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
- Familiarity with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD, and/or Revit.
- A Master’s degree in a field directly or closely related to architectural acoustics.
- Demonstrated leadership in the field, via speaking engagements, byline articles, blog posts, etc.
Acentech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration control, audiovisual systems, telecommunications, and security system design, serving a diverse group of clients across the United States from our strategically located offices. With a professional staff of more than 65 consultants, Acentech is one of the oldest and largest organizations of its type. We foster a highly collaborative environment and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise. Acentech places a high value on a diverse workforce, and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We value our culture and our staff and place a premium on work-life balance. We are extremely proud of being a 100% employee-owned firm.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, 11 paid holidays, 80 hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Interested applicants can email email@example.com or apply on our website.