The Greenbusch Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting firm located in the Interbay
neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Acoustical Department is seeking a dynamic and energetic
individual to fill the position of Acoustician to support a wide variety of interesting projects.
The Greenbusch Acoustical Department provides the following services:
• Environmental noise and vibration (industrial, construction, etc.).
• HVAC noise and vibration (building systems, noise code compliance, etc.).
• Building acoustics (sound isolation, reverberation control, etc.).
• Test and measurement (environmental noise, building acoustics, vibration, etc.).
At a minimum, the Acoustician would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
• Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments (transportation, utilities, construction, etc.) using
modeling software and manual calculations.
• Conduct short-term and long-term measurements of environmental noise/vibration, including ambient
conditions and compliance monitoring.
• Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria, coordinate with the design or permitting
team, and prepare narratives and memoranda documenting analysis results.
• Perform building acoustics assessments on an as-needed basis.
• Lift 50 pounds and be able to transport measurement equipment to and from measurement sites
throughout the Pacific Northwest.
• 3-5 years of experience as a consulting acoustician.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field. A bachelor’s degree
in Acoustics can be included in the experience requirement above.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for
quality customer service.
• Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet
• Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
• Competitive salary and benefits package. US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
• Electronic submission of a resume and transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When responding, reference ad number 1236