Waveguide LLC is currently seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening as a senior acoustical consultant to provide, project management, acoustical analysis and design support for projects across a broad range of market segments including corporate, institutional, civic, education and government. This position is open in either our Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York office.
The successful candidate must possess a four-year college degree in engineering, architecture or physics and 7 to 10 years of professional consulting experience as an acoustical consultant in architectural acoustics. Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, and building systems noise and vibration control is required. The candidate will be responsible for project management, participating in project design team meetings, developing acoustical criteria for different project types, acoustical analysis and modeling, preparing acoustical recommendations, writing reports and specifications and coordinating with other design team members with regard to project specific acoustical issues. Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to work independently and proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
Candidates must show proficiency in the following areas:
• Architectural room acoustics analysis and design specific to educational facilities, commercial office buildings, libraries, and music/performing arts facilities.
• Building systems noise and vibration control analysis and design.
• Extensive knowledge of HVAC noise prediction software.
• Extensive knowledge of current acoustic standards, building codes and practices.
• In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and construction processes.
• LEED analysis, documentation and calculations.
• Ability to apply sustainable design practices to projects.
• Project management.
• Ability to represent Waveguide at design team meetings.
• To present clear and concise recommendations during consultant coordination meetings.
• Write and convey technical information in written reports in a clear, concise manner.
• Ability to produce, project-related drawings and documentation to convey acoustic recommendations.
• Sound level measurements including environmental, background noise level, reverberation time and sound isolation measurements.
Qualified candidates who are eager and motivated to join Waveguide should submit their resume and along with a letter explaining why they are the best qualified for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waveguide was founded in 1996 as a full-service independent technology consulting firm committed to your success. Why? Because technology is only your friend when it works. As we grew and technology changed, we realized your success depends on a holistic approach to fulfilling your communications needs. Our answer to this challenge was to complement an already innovative AV, IT and acoustics consulting practice with control and management of your systems, the result of which has been the successful delivery of hundreds of projects large and small, near and far.
6060 Center Drive, Suite 870
Los Angeles, CA 90045
When responding, reference ad number 1248