Ostergaard Acoustical Associates (OAA) is seeking an entry level staff engineer / consultant to join our acoustical consulting firm in Woodbridge, New Jersey. OAA has been providing independent and unbiased acoustical engineering and design services for almost five decades. We are a medium size firm noted for responsiveness and innovative analyses to solve acoustical challenges. Our consultants take pride in their ability to identify appropriate acoustical goals, develop multiple solutions, and provide guidance on selecting and implementing optimum solutions.
We seek an entry level consultant to grow with our firm. The person should be passionate about acoustics and noise control, enjoy solving challenging problems, and able to communicate and understand technical details. The position involves working closely with a team across a variety of environmental, industrial, and architectural acoustics projects. Projects involve a wide variety of issues including, but not limited to, HVAC noise and vibration control, room acoustics, and sound isolation. The position comprises a mix of field survey work and in-house acoustical analyses.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, engineering, or science. Coursework related to sound and vibration preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with CAD software and/or a sound level meter is preferred.
- Must be organized; reliable; and able to manage, schedule, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Work with project teams comprising OAA staff and client architects and engineers to analyze and solve acoustical issues.
- Attend project meetings with clients.
- Review project design drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Develop acoustical models and carry out analyses.
- Carry out field sound surveys and testing according to standards or defined protocol.
- Prepare written acoustical letters or reports documenting findings and recommendations.
- Occasional travel, night work, and weekend work may be required (compensatory time is provided as appropriate).
-Other project-related tasks as assigned
Please send resume and a writing sample to the email address below. We offer competitive employee benefits including health insurance, vacation and sick pay, and 6% 401k matching.
Ostergaard Acoustical Associates
1460 Route 9 North, Suite 209
Woodbridge, New Jersey 07095
When responding, reference ad number 1200