With offices in San Francisco and San Jose, California, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultants).
We consult on a variety of buildings, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services include sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants to address issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect sound data.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc.
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1212
Wave Engineering is an independent consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration. Our clients include architects, contractors, engineers, corporations, school districts, developers, governments, institutions, and individuals. Wave Engineering is committed to finding practical solutions and ensuring that our clients get the most “bang for the buck”.
Located in beautiful Littleton, Colorado, our office is minutes from a vibrant local downtown with Light Rail access to Denver. Recreational opportunities abound, including all that the Rocky Mountains has to offer. Home to an award winning school district, Littleton is an ideal place to raise a family.
Wave Engineering is soliciting for two positions for talented individuals to help us continue to grow. We are working on a wide range of projects related to architectural acoustics, environmental noise and vibration. We want someone who is prepared to work collaboratively and offer practical solutions to a variety of problems. In addition to technical capability, we place a premium on creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and the ability to solve unique problems. Effective communication is key, both with graphics and clear and concise English. Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects are a must.
Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering or science - Acoustics, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Direct experience in consulting is preferred.
Jr. Acoustical Consultant: (0 – 5 years experience) Internship or equivalent experience highly desirable
Acoustical Consultant: (5 – 10 years experience minimum)
• Acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements. These can require work outside of normal working hours and can require overnight travel, sometimes to other parts of the country. Field work can result in long days and can require climbing ladders, walking long distances over rough terrain, navigating obstacles and carrying equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with ANSI, ASTM and ISO acoustic standards.
• Review of architectural/mechanical/structural/civil drawings for use in acoustic work.
• HVAC and mechanical noise calculations.
• Develop architectural acoustics reports, drawings, details and specifications.
• Analyze acoustic solutions using computer modeling software, including CadnaA and INSUL.
• Observe on-site construction to review the implementation of acoustical solutions.
• Marketing functions, including generating content for social media, blog posts, newsletters, etc.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter addressing how your skills and experience address the needs of the position. Ability to write effectively is an absolutely critical skill for the successful candidates. Must be able to demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the US and a valid driver’s license.
1100 W Littleton Blvd., #420
Littleton, CO 80120
When responding, reference ad number 1233