Working under the supervision of the Senior Consultant, the Acoustical Consultant is responsible for designing and engineering acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise.
The Acoustical Consultant will work independently as well as collaboratively with staff to learn the fundamentals of solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, corporate, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your cover letter and resume to Marci Boks, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
• Two to five years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Experience with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
• Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
• Aware of sustainable design principles – preferably LEED AP certification.
• Experience in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
• Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
• Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to relocate to our office in Portland, Oregon
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc.
321 SW 4th avenue, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1249
Papadimos Group is a growing firm located in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in all aspects of building acoustics and noise and vibration control. We are looking to fill several positions, from entry level consultants to senior associates and we invite applicants of all experience levels to apply!
Minimum B.S. degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture or related discipline
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to collaborate as part of a team
Ability to work effectively on multiple projects
Ability to draft technical reports
Willing to travel occasionally
Positive attitude and desire to learn
Strong computer skills
Acoustic and vibration modeling and analysis skills
Experience working in the A/E/C industry
4302 Redwood Hwy, Ste. 100
San Rafael, CA 94903
When responding, reference ad number 1244
Acoustical Consultant, Atlanta, GA (0-2+ years experience)
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an Acoustical Consultant for an entry or early career level position. Thanks to the best and brightest engineers in our industry, we have provided innovative engineering solutions to shape the world for more than 95 years. We realize the importance of work-life balance on not only your success in the office, but for your home life, health, and overall satisfaction. Our team-focused environment encourages employee growth and development, offers responsibility to those willing to accept it, and provides technical coaches to help you engineer success.
- Gather and analyze acoustical data including field measurements of reverberation time, sound transmission, impact isolation, vibration, and mechanical noise.
- Design for Architectural Acoustics, Sound Isolation, Equipment Noise and Vibration Control, Environmental Acoustics, Industrial Noise Control, Forensic Site Investigation, and Computer Modeling and Auralization.
- Coordination with other disciplines both in-house and out-of-house, including architectural, interior design, audio visual, MEP and structural
- Prepare drawings, sketches, and reports to document findings and convey recommendations
- Availability for travel (10-20%).
- Participation in the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) or Institute of Noise Control Engineers (INCE) is encouraged.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Coursework in architectural acoustics and noise and vibration preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with AutoCAD, REVIT, INSUL, EASE, ODEON, or AIM beneficial
- Must prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
- Able to listen and communicate well in writing, as well as verbally
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to acoustical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the design of MEP systems with the integration of additional services including commissioning, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
Newcomb & Boyd is a firm member of the National Council of Acoustical Consultants (NCAC)
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd
303 Peachtree Center Av NE, Suite 525
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
When responding, reference ad number 1242
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC, located on the 19th floor of 8 Penn Center in Center City Philadelphia, is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. Recently, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area. We are seeking talented college graduates to join us as we grow.
Position Title: Staff Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
• Analyze project documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Create acoustic computer models.
• Develop recommendations for clients to achieve acoustical design intent.
• Coordinate with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Conduct acoustical and vibration field measurements.
• Compose clear and concise reports to present technical information.
• Work with other consultants to refine and develop tools.
• Participate in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu and AutoCAD.
• Up to 2 years of experience in acoustics consulting or internship, or related field.
• Experience with SketchUp and Revit.
• Experience with acoustical modeling software such as EASE, INSUL, Noise 3d, and/or HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Metropolitan Acoustics is employee-owned and offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include over four weeks of paid time off, eight holidays, a flexible work schedule, work from home days, health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, commuter benefits, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd., 8 Penn Center, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1241
WJHW has immediate openings for acoustical consultants in our Dallas, TX office. The job requires the application of the principles and techniques of physics, engineering, and mathematics to the assessment, design, testing, and development of acoustical plans for architectural room acoustics, architectural sound isolation, mechanical noise and vibration control, and environmental noise.
The prospective employee will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field such as engineering or architecture or similar
• 0-5 years experience
• Knowledge in the application of acoustical principles to building and environmental acoustics
WJHW is looking for motivated individuals interested in the acoustics profession. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a group of acoustical consultants and technical systems designers in a variety of projects including sports venues, education, corporate office, civic buildings, hospitality, and environmental projects. The position includes the development and implementation of acoustical design as well as testing/analysis/modeling of acoustic systems. WJHW provides advancement opportunities for individuals that are self-motivated, show strong communication skills, and possess skills in acoustics and consulting.
Submit resume by email to email@example.com, faxed to (972) 934-3720 Attn: HR, or mailed to our office. WJHW will contact selected applicants to complete an application and schedule a formal interview. All applicants must be United States citizens or otherwise be legally allowed to work in the United States without our sponsorship (legal green card status, etc...).
WJHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WJHW does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, ancestry, medical condition, marital status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
WJHW is a drug-free workplace. The manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, sale, purchase, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana on company or clients’ property is prohibited, including the use, possession or selling of drug paraphernalia. Employees who violate this policy are subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
3424 Midcourt Road, Suite 124
Carrollton, TX 75006
When responding, reference ad number 1240