With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, California, and Honolulu, HI, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultant) and individuals with 3 to 5 years of experience (senior consultant).
We consult on a variety of building types, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services address sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants on issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect sound data.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance and 401k.
• Bachelor’s degree in acoustics, physics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc.
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1212
Working under the supervision of the Senior Consultant, the Acoustical Consultant is responsible for designing and engineering acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise.
The Acoustical Consultant will work independently as well as collaboratively with staff to learn the fundamentals of solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, corporate, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your cover letter and resume to Marci Boks, email@example.com
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
• Two to five years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Experience with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
• Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
• Aware of sustainable design principles – preferably LEED AP certification.
• Experience in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
• Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
• Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to relocate to our office in Portland, Oregon
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc.
321 SW 4th avenue, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1249
Papadimos Group is a growing firm located in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in all aspects of building acoustics and noise and vibration control. We are looking to fill several positions, from entry level consultants to senior associates and we invite applicants of all experience levels to apply!
Minimum B.S. degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture or related discipline
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to collaborate as part of a team
Ability to work effectively on multiple projects
Ability to draft technical reports
Willing to travel occasionally
Positive attitude and desire to learn
Strong computer skills
Acoustic and vibration modeling and analysis skills
Experience working in the A/E/C industry
4302 Redwood Hwy, Ste. 100
San Rafael, CA 94903
When responding, reference ad number 1244
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC, located on the 19th floor of 8 Penn Center in Center City Philadelphia, is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. Recently, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area. We are seeking talented college graduates to join us as we grow.
Position Title: Staff Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
• Analyze project documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Create acoustic computer models.
• Develop recommendations for clients to achieve acoustical design intent.
• Coordinate with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Conduct acoustical and vibration field measurements.
• Compose clear and concise reports to present technical information.
• Work with other consultants to refine and develop tools.
• Participate in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu and AutoCAD.
• Up to 2 years of experience in acoustics consulting or internship, or related field.
• Experience with SketchUp and Revit.
• Experience with acoustical modeling software such as EASE, INSUL, Noise 3d, and/or HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Metropolitan Acoustics is employee-owned and offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include over four weeks of paid time off, eight holidays, a flexible work schedule, work from home days, health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, commuter benefits, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd., 8 Penn Center, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1241