Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC, located on the 19th floor of 8 Penn Center in Center City Philadelphia, is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. We are seeking a talented professional to join us as we grow.
Position Title: Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
• Consult with clients providing guidance and expertise in acoustical and vibration design.
• Manage acoustic and vibration projects.
• Analyze project documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Create acoustic computer models.
• Develop recommendations for clients to achieve acoustical design intent.
• Coordinate with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Conduct acoustical and vibration field measurements.
• Compose clear and concise reports to present technical information.
• Participate in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• 3 or more years of experience in acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Experience with creation of acoustical modeling in software such as EASE, INSUL, Noise 3d, HVAC noise modeling software, or similar.
• Experience with Sketchup, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, and Revit.
• Must possess valid driver's license.
Compensation and Benefits:
Metropolitan Acoustics is employee-owned and offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include over four weeks of paid time off, eight holidays, a flexible work schedule, work from home days, health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, commuter benefits, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd., 8 Penn Center, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1241
Since 1979, D. L. Adams Associates (DLAA) has provided acoustical, theatre, and audio-video consulting and design services to the design and construction industry. DLAA provides world class acoustical consulting for projects ranging from multifamily residences to luxury hospitality and performance spaces from high school auditoriums and theatres to professional performance spaces. DLAA has successfully completed acoustical projects throughout the Rocky Mountain region, across the United States, and as far as Chile, South Korea, Guam, Kazakhstan, Antarctica, the Northern Marianas, and Japan.
DLAA is seeking an acoustical consultant/engineer for a mid-level position in the firm’s Denver, Colorado offices. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of engineering or science (required) and a minimum of 2 years of acoustical consulting experience.
The consultant will be an active member of our technical staff and will work under the direction of the firm’s Principal Consultants. He or she will be responsible for conducting field measurements (sound transmission loss, impact noise insulation, reverberation time, environmental noise, etc.), conducting acoustical analyses and developing recommendations for room acoustics, airborne and structure-borne sound insulation, and performing HVAC system noise and vibration control engineering. The consultant will be responsible for preparing design documents, writing reports, participating in design team meetings, coordinating with other design team members concerning acoustical design details, and developing acoustical criteria for different types of facilities. A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and acoustical modeling software such as EASE, Cadna-A, AIM, and TRANE is a definite plus. Experience with sound and vibration measuring equipment is essential.
Direct contact and coordination with clients are important aspects of the position, as they are for all D. L. Adams Associates employees. Excellent verbal and writing skills are required and people skills must be top notch. Participation in professional organizations, such as the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), the Institute for Noise Control Engineering (INCE), the Audio Engineering Society (AES), etc. is encouraged. Our people are expected to attend the meetings and conferences of these organizations so as to remain at the forefront of the technology. Some travel can be expected. Salaries are competitive and our employee benefits package is exceptional. For more information about D. L. Adams Associates, check out our website at www.dlaa.com.
Email your resume together with a letter of interest explaining why you believe you are best qualified for this position. Your cover letter should specifically address this job listing. Email to Denver@dlaa.com.
D. L. Adams Associates, Inc.
1536 N. Ogden Street
Denver, CO 80218
When responding, reference ad number 1351