Job or Position Title: Senior Acoustician
Location: Seattle, WA
How to Apply. Apply at this link: http://r.rfer.us/STANTEC3II3lg
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec's West Coast buildings group is looking for a Sr. Acoustician to join their growing team of Acousticians. This position will be located in Stantec's Seattle, WA office.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Manages and supervises work of others
• Coordinates with architects, engineers and other disciplines in the built environment
• Partners with project managers on architectural acoustics, mechanical systems noise and vibration control, and environmental noise control
• Builds and maintains client relationships
• Participates in local and regional client and industry events
• Meets financial performance targets and delivers projects within budget
• Pursues new projects and participates in proposal submissions
• Handles, delegates, and supervises design development and document preparation
• Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options
• Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
• Communicates with manufacturers, design team and contractors to address challenges and develop practical designs
• Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications for acoustical products
• Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
• Mentor and train junior members of the team and interns
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Professional experience specific to acoustical design and vibration control in educational facilities, libraries, theatres for drama and music, healthcare facilities, commercial space, high-end residential, and/or museums
• Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents, drawings and documentation to appropriate standards
• Knowledge of applicable codes and standards applicable to the industry
• Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects
• Knowledge of related engineering standards
• Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes is preferred
• Ability to prepare and review detailed drawings
• Ability to research and present design options
• Basic familiarity with recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
• Familiarity with CATT Acoustic, SoundPlan, EASE, Algor FEA Software, and sound and vibration measuring equipment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to learn and deftly navigate customized database and software applications
• Ability to read, interpret, and act upon information included in specifications and contracts
• Regional travel is required on a regular basis.
• Out-of-state travel is required on occasion.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in related field plus minimum of 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The related experience should predominantly in building acoustics
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
When responding, reference ad number 1258
Ostergaard Acoustical Associates (OAA) is seeking an entry level staff engineer / consultant to join our acoustical consulting firm in Woodbridge, New Jersey. OAA has been providing independent and unbiased acoustical engineering and design services for almost five decades. We are a medium size firm noted for responsiveness and innovative analyses to solve acoustical challenges. Our consultants take pride in their ability to identify appropriate acoustical goals, develop multiple solutions, and provide guidance on selecting and implementing optimum solutions.
We seek an entry level consultant to grow with our firm. The person should be passionate about acoustics and noise control, enjoy solving challenging problems, and able to communicate and understand technical details. The position involves working closely with a team across a variety of environmental, industrial, and architectural acoustics projects. Projects involve a wide variety of issues including, but not limited to, HVAC noise and vibration control, room acoustics, and sound isolation. The position comprises a mix of field survey work and in-house acoustical analyses.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, engineering, or science. Coursework related to sound and vibration preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with CAD software and/or a sound level meter is preferred.
- Must be organized; reliable; and able to manage, schedule, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Work with project teams comprising OAA staff and client architects and engineers to analyze and solve acoustical issues.
- Attend project meetings with clients.
- Review project design drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Develop acoustical models and carry out analyses.
- Carry out field sound surveys and testing according to standards or defined protocol.
- Prepare written acoustical letters or reports documenting findings and recommendations.
- Occasional travel, night work, and weekend work may be required (compensatory time is provided as appropriate).
-Other project-related tasks as assigned
Please send resume and a writing sample to the email address below. We offer competitive employee benefits including health insurance, vacation and sick pay, and 6% 401k matching.
Ostergaard Acoustical Associates
1460 Route 9 North, Suite 209
Woodbridge, New Jersey 07095
When responding, reference ad number 1200
Phoenix Noise & Vibration LLC is an Acoustical Engineering Firm located in Frederick, Maryland founded in October 2004 by a group of professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience in all aspects of noise and vibration control in the building industry. Our goal is to be the first choice for noise and vibration control services in the mid-Atlantic region.
The PNV environment will appeal to the independent, self-directed individual interested in being a part of a small but growing company. Working directly with the existing engineering staff will provide a unique opportunity for individual development in many aspects of acoustical engineering. With a client base predominantly in the DC area, there will be exposure and experience to a larger metropolitan work environment. Located an hour from both Washington, DC and Baltimore in beautiful historic Frederick Maryland, Phoenix Noise & Vibration LLC offers competitive wages and benefits for this full time position.
The Associate/Staff Engineer will:
• Conduct a variety of field measurements.
• Perform data reduction and analysis.
• Provide design services using both computer modeling and traditional calculation techniques.
• Write reports documenting the measurement, mitigation, and design results.
• Interface directly with clients.
• BS Degree: Acoustical, Architectural, Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering
• Proficient in MSOffice and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with CAD (such as AutoCAD, Pro E, SOLIDWORKS, etc.).
• Able to read architectural, mechanical, and structural plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Self-starter capable of working independently as well as collaboratively.
• Related study areas: HVAC noise analysis, Building Acoustics (room separation analysis), Transportation Noise Analysis, Vibration, Finite Element Analysis
• Experience in: CadnaA, Sound Plan, EASE, AIM, TRANE, INSUL, and/or FHWA: Traffic Noise Model
• Construction experience
• Ability to interpret architectural and MEP drawing sets.
Phoenix Noise & Vibration
5216 Chairmans Court
Frederick, Maryland 21703
When responding, reference ad number 1257
Position Description: Acoustical Consultant/Senior Acoustical Consultant
BRC Acoustics & Audiovisual Design, a Seattle based acoustical consulting firm, is seeking a mid-to-senior level acoustical design consultant with the following competencies:
• Architectural Acoustics (design for Sound Isolation, Reverberant Sound Control)
• Mechanical Noise Control (including HVAC design to meet background noise design criteria)
• Environmental Noise Control (including noise measurements and monitoring)
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
• Autocad (Revit is a plus)
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The following are required:
• Bachelor’s degree in an acoustics-related field
• Minimum of five years of experience
• Minimum of two professional references
The following are desired but not required:
• Licensed Professional Engineer.
• LEED AP.
• MRI sound & vibration isolation experience.
• INCE board certification
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BRC Acoustics & Audiovisual Design
1932 First Avenue, Suite 620
Seattle, WA 98101
When responding, reference ad number 1169
AKRF, Inc. is seeking to add a senior acoustical consultant to its New York City acoustics, noise and vibration group. Applicants should have 5 to 10 years experience and be self-motivated, innovative, highly driven, and have the desire work on a wide range of acoustics, noise and vibration projects related to environmental sources (e.g., transportation, industry, energy, infrastructure, etc.); construction; architectural, structural, and MEP systems review; and interior design. Responsibilities would be project management, acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements, acoustical computer modeling (TNM, FTA, CadnaA, INSUL, EASE), reviewing architectural/MEP/structural drawings, HVAC ductwork and equipment noise calculations, vibration isolation recommendations, engineering calculations, and recommending practical design solutions. Additional experience with Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements, the CEQR Technical Manual, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development noise standards, and Noise (E) designations with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation would be beneficial.
Applicant should have a degree in one or more of the following: acoustical engineering, physics, mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering, and/or noise and vibration. In addition, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, well organized/detail oriented, project management and client relationship skills are keys to success in this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
440 Park Ave South, Floor 7
New York, NY 10016-8012
When responding, reference ad number 1256