Acentech seeks to hire an Acoustics/Vibration consultant to work in our Noise and Vibration Group in Cambridge, MA. The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including science and tech, commercial, civic, education, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. Duties include data analysis and field measurements, modeling, preparing reports and presenting findings, communicating with clients, writing proposals and participating in business development activities.
The ideal candidate has:
• 1-3 years of experience working in a vibration/acoustics field.
• Degree in engineering or sciences, with coursework or specialization in vibration and acoustics.
• Consulting and project management experience.
• Interested in developing business, and an eagerness to become one of the “faces” of Acentech.
• Familiarity with vibration/acoustics measurement instrumentation and related data processing and analysis.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• Self-motivation. Ability to work in teams and independently on multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Passion for their work and attention to detail.
• Expertise with the MS Office suite of tools.
• Familiarity with MATLAB a plus.
• Finite-element analysis a plus.
• Acoustical/noise modeling software a plus.
Acentech is a nationally recognized multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual system, IT and security system design. The company serves a diverse group of clients from its offices in Cambridge, MA; Trevose, PA; Los Angeles, CA; Charlottesville, VA and New York, NY. With a professional staff of more than 55 consultants, Acentech is one of the largest organizations of its type. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is proud to be a 100% employee-owned firm. Through our ESOP, Acentech ownership is widely distributed amongst our employees. Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductible costs, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.acentech.com/job/acoustics-vibration-consultant/
33 Moulton St
Cambridge, MA 02138
When responding, reference ad number 1353