We are looking for an early career acoustical consultant who takes ownership, enjoys learning in a collaborative environment, and builds trust with coworkers and clients. Our acoustics team addresses noise isolation, HVAC noise and vibration, environmental noise, and room acoustics in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, worship, corporate, outdoor, and more.
ABD Engineering & Design is a woman-owned acoustical consulting and audiovisual design firm with offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive salaries based on qualifications. Benefits include paid time off, nine paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental insurance, commuter benefits, a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and a flexible work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
• Read and review architectural, mechanical, and structural plans and consult on space design, material selection, and mechanical systems noise.
• Provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
• Measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration on interior and exterior environments and ensure acoustical compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, and standards.
• Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients and prospects as needed.
• Write technical reports and explain technical concepts to clients.
• Manage projects, client expectations, and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Experience with sound and vibration test equipment.
• Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
• Experience in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, HVAC Noise Modeling software, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
• Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
• Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to relocate to our home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
• 0-5 years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Please send your resume to Melinda Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit our website at abdengineering.com.
321 SW 4th Ave Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1357