With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Honolulu, Los Angeles, and Seattle, Salter is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We are looking for entry level acoustical consultants who are excited about building acoustics, and are interested in learning quickly, taking initiative, and engaging with both colleagues and clients.
We consult on a variety of building types, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services address sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants on issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
Working at Salter offers opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and to work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and consultants in other disciplines
• Conducting acoustical measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We provide direction and on-the-job training, and expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect acoustical data.
Benefits include full payment of medical and dental insurance premiums and 401k.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to acoustics and/or demonstrated serious interest/background in acoustics
• Ability to learn and work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
130 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1356