Wilson Ihrig is an internationally-renowned acoustics, noise, and vibration consulting firm. Our work covers a wide array of projects including architectural, transportation (especially rail transit), environmental, construction, structural vibration, and even whole-building vibration isolation. Wilson Ihrig is based in the San Francisco Bay Area in California and has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Seattle. The company has 22 employees. We are currently seeking a qualified acoustician for an Associate or Senior Consultant position in our Los Angeles, CA office. Education and experience should be commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 3 to 7 years and 6 to 12 years, respectively.
This is a full-time position (nominal 40 hour workweek) with benefits, which include health care, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and good work/life balance. Nominal salary: $75,000 to $100,000 per year, based on qualifications. The successful applicant will be an independent, reliable, and mature individual who is a selfstarter and who thrives in both in-office and outdoor environments. Application will be open until filled.
Principals only. To apply, please submit the following via https://www.indeed.com:
- Your cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig
- Your resume
- Employment Application Form
- Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form
The latter two forms are found here: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers
Please note that candidates may not be considered until all four requested documents are received.
You will be joining a group of technical experts and scientists who collectively have more than 300 years of experience and knowledge.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
- Acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field
- Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
- Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Senior Consultant will be expected to have frequent client interaction and actively engage in business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
- Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking
- Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and software such as EASE, CadnaA, SoundPLAN, TNM, CAD, etc.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must demonstrate, at hire, proof of permission to work permanently in the United States
Our employees are working remotely during the California Stay Home and Los Angeles County Safer at Work orders, but the new employee will spend most of their time in the Los Angeles office.
6001 Shellmound Street; Ste. 400
Emeryville, CA 94608