Oak Park, Illinois
TALASKE | SOUND THINKING, a division of Professional Audio Designs, is an acoustical consulting firm located in Oak Park, IL (USA) which specializes in Architectural Acoustics Design and Audio & Video Systems Design. We are currently reviewing resumes of qualified candidates strongly interested in the field of Architectural Acoustics for an entry-level full-time Technical Assistant or Consultant position.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform design-phase, documentation and construction administration tasks on multiple projects in the areas of Room Acoustics, Sound Isolation, Noise Control, and Acoustic Measurements.
- Assist lead consultants in day-to-day project tasks
- Assist with maintenance of test and measurement equipment, development of written and graphical resources, and development of internal standards.
- Participation in meetings both internally and with clients as necessary.
- Potential opportunities to assist with Audio Video consulting tasks, based on candidate interests and business needs.
- Graduate-level degree in acoustics, engineering, physics, architecture, or similar fields.
- 1-3 years of experience is preferred but not required. Education and experience should be commensurate with the position you are interested in.
- Experience with, and passion for, music, theater, design, and/or architecture.
- Experience with 3D acoustical modelling software, acoustical measurement platforms, AutoCAD and/or Revit a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel (note, we observe current Covid safety protocols).
- Excellent communication, written, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Just West of Chicago, Oak Park has a wonderful small town feel while being only moments away from one of the best cities in the world! TALASKE, a subsidiary of Professional Audio Designs,
offers a competitive salary and benefits package. TALASKE provides a professional and comfortable equal-opportunity work environment where team members collaborate while
exploring and fulfilling their goals. We hope to hear from you soon!
Forward your resume, letter of interest to join the team, and supporting information with subject line to: email@example.com.