Phoenix (NOT ARIZONA!) Noise and Vibration LLC is an Acoustical Engineering firm located in Frederick, Maryland founded in October 2004 by a group of professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience in all aspects of noise and vibration control in the building industry. Our goal is to be the first choice for noise and vibration control services in the mid-Atlantic region.
The PNV environment will appeal to the independent, self-directed individual interested in being a part of a small but growing company. Working directly with the existing engineering staff will provide a unique opportunity for individual development in many aspects of acoustical engineering. With a client base predominantly in the DC area, there will be exposure and experience to a large metropolitan work environment. Located an hour from both Washington DC and Baltimore in beautiful historic Frederick Maryland, Phoenix Noise and Vibration LLC offers competitive wages and benefits for this full-time position.
- Work directly with principals on the design of the acoustics for a wide range of projects
- Supervise staff engineers and field technician including work review
- Interface directly with clients
- Monitor the financial and technical performance of project, commensurate with experience
- Understand with building design phases and construction process
- Develop and update acoustic models
- Conduct a variety of field measurements accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
- Perform data reduction and analysis
- Provide design services using both computer modeling and traditional calculation techniques
- Write reports documenting the measurement, mitigation, and design results
- Conduct construction administration work including site visits and testing
- Write technical narratives and communicate with non-scientific audiences
- BS in either Mechanical, Acoustical, Architectural, Civil, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience with noise and vibration engineering/consulting
- Proficient in CadnaA/Soundplan, INSUL, HUD Noise Guidebook, FHWA: Traffic Noise Model. EASE/Odeon, MSOffice and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with CAD (such as AutoCAD, Pro E, SOLIDWORKS, etc.).
- Able to read architectural, mechanical, and structural plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as collaboratively.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- INCE Board Certified
- Graduate levels of study: Acoustics, noise & vibration control, HVAC noise analysis, building acoustics (room separation analysis), transportation noise analysis, finite element analysis.