CSDA Design Group – Acoustics
This position offers a unique growth opportunity in a start-up environment – within an established firm.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to produce excellent deliverables on current projects, help transform our work process, participate in industry-based research, and learn how to develop new business. Rather than being “business as usual,” our model requires us to innovate, listen to each other, and work collaboratively in order to succeed.
- Consult on architectural acoustics, mechanical systems noise and vibration control, and environmental noise control projects.
- Perform field noise and vibration measurements.
- Analyze measurement data.
- Create environmental noise models.
- Collaborate with the practice and market leaders to obtain technical knowledge.
- Research, prepare, and present coordinated design options.
- Review drawings, research code issues, and successfully maneuver through city, state, and county regulations to meet project requirements.
- Communicate with manufacturers and contractors to address challenges and develop practical designs.
- Provide input on the creation and editing of technical specifications for acoustical products.
- Regional travel is required on a regular basis.
Successful candidate will have:
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Knowledge of related engineering standards, issues and trends.
- Client-centric, can-do approach to project work and assignments.
- Ability to review detailed architectural drawings.
- Ability to research and present design options.
- Familiar with recent versions of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and acoustics software (e.g. CadnaA, CATT-Acoustic, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideal candidate will hold a Bachelors’ degree in acoustics or a related field (e.g., mechanical engineering, architectural engineering).
NO RECRUITER CALLS PLEASE.
Email me directly indi [at] csdadesigngroup [dot] com