We are seeking an experienced acoustician with managerial and business development skills to lead our Seattle office. This is a senior-level position that is expected to lead to a future ownership stake in our 56-year-old firm. Our culture is collaborative, egalitarian, and friendly, and we value high-caliber work, professionalism, and reliability.
The Seattle Office Managing Consultant will assume the leadership role at the end of 2022 upon the retirement of the managing Principal who has led the office since its inception. Guidance will be provided by the retiring Principal during the transition period and from others beyond that. The position reports to corporate officers in our San Francisco Bay Area HQ. This is potentially a principal-level position but is also open to experienced senior-level consultants.
Besides the Managing Principal, the office is currently staffed by an experienced Senior Consultant and an Assistant Consultant (who is expected to be promoted to Associate Consultant later this year).
We are a 24-person firm and have been headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area since our founding in 1966. We currently have additional offices in New York (2005), Seattle (2010), and Los Angeles (2019).
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, professional development, and relocation assistance for this position.
- Manage all aspects of the office including staff administration and quality assurance.
- Working with the HQ office, develop and execute strategies and tactics to grow business in the Northwest by servicing existing clients and acquiring new clients.
- Manage and lead projects.
- Supervise and develop local staff both professionally and technically.
- Manage and conduct technical analyses, as well as prepare reports.
- Bachelors in acoustics or associated field (engineering, physics). Masters, Ph.D., or MBA degree desired.
- A minimum of 14 years of experience as an acoustician in the A/E/C industry. Emphasis on architectural acoustics desired.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license and/or INCE Board Certification desired.
- Demonstrable business/client development experience.
- Strong project and client management skills.
- Strong verbal/presentation and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with noise modeling software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, Matlab, and/or programming languages and with a wide variety of acoustical and vibration measurement equipment all highly desirable.
How to communicate your interest:
If you are interested, please email a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the reasons for your interest and summarizing how your knowledge, experience, and demeanor qualify you. Please also include your current curriculum vitae. Letters should be addressed to:
Attn: Derek L. Watry, President
5900 Hollis Street, Suite T1
Emeryville, CA 94608