Sound & Vibration/Acoustical Engineer
Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE) is seeking a sound & vibration/acoustical engineer to join our team in Billerica, Massachusetts. NCE is a leading engineering consulting firm specializing in marine and industrial noise and vibration control. Our employees create unique solutions to difficult problems relating to airborne noise, underwater noise, sonar self-noise, vibration, and stress by developing and using various modeling and measurement approaches. We assist a diverse range of clients to design and maintain safe and comfortable shipboard environments and to minimize impacts to sensitive underwater receivers. We perform compliance and diagnostic testing on-board vessels all over the world, providing opportunities for learning, career development, and new experiences not found elsewhere.
As an NCE engineer, you will join a talented team in a small business environment, combining analytical skills with hands-on testing to develop quiet designs, perform diagnostics, and solve challenging problems.
NCE provides an environment for you to learn how to create models of noise, vibration, and stress using Statistical Energy Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, and other advanced tools, with the ultimate goal of assisting clients in the development of quiet ship designs. Testing on-board vessels provides opportunities to generate assessments of noise and vibration levels, create an understanding of fundamental and advanced marine acoustic concepts, and identify effective solutions to tough problems, all while experiencing environments that few get to see. NCE encourages forward thinking and identification of new approaches to data collection and analysis. Travel is required throughout the United States and sometimes abroad.
Please visit our website (www.noise-control.com) to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at NCE.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and transcripts (both official and unofficial are accepted) to our applicant center for review.
Successful NCE Employees:
- Are eager to perform acoustical and vibration design assessments, mitigation strategy development, and testing on ships and other marine structures.
- Strive for excellence.
- Demonstrate a mutual respect for coworkers in a culture of collaboration, integrity, and innovation.
- Are willing to take on our clients’ problems as our own, become the clients’ advocate, and cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and graphical communication
- Demonstrate a passion for noise and vibration control
- Are motivated to identify and pursue internal and external professional growth opportunities, including areas outside their specific discipline.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Acoustics, or other related field, preferably with coursework in acoustics and/or vibrations.
- 0-3 years of working experience, preferably with exposure to acoustics and/or marine structures.
- A basic (or better) understanding of sound and vibration in land-based or marine environments. (Marine-specific aspects of the work will be taught on the job.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software packages.
- Experience with finite element analysis, MATLAB, Python, and/or other computational modeling tools or computer languages is a plus.
- Sound, vibration, and modal testing experience is preferred.
- Travel and fieldwork are required. Some project assignments may require a valid driver’s license, current passport, and/or TWIC card.
- NCE works on ITAR and classified projects. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen in order to comply with the requirements of these projects.
NCE offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit-sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan. We are an employee-owned company and we aim to take care of our employees as well as the company.
NCE is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NCE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit the following items to our applicant center in order to be considered for the position –
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (either official or unofficial will be accepted)
Applicants missing any documentation will not be considered.