Salter is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage technology (audiovisual, telecommunications, security) systems design firm with offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Honolulu, and Seattle. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants on issues relating to sound and vibration in a variety of building types.
We are looking for entry-level or early-career acoustical consultants for our San Francisco and San Jose offices. Working at Salter offers opportunities to quickly contribute to the firm and to work on a wide variety of projects. We provide mentorship and on-the-job training for new consultants, but also expect them to have a high degree of independence. Job functions include:
- Analyzing project drawings and specifications
- Working with architects, other engineering disciplines, contractors, and owners to develop project‑appropriate and cost‑effective acoustical designs
- Conducting acoustical measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
- Using acoustical software modeling tools
- Presenting technical information to clients in concise clear language and graphics
Our work includes field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional off-hour measurements. There is also the occasional need for travel out of the area.
- Employer-paid insurance premiums for employee and dependents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- 5% 401k contributions (independent of any employee contributions)
- Pre-tax commuter benefit program
- Reimbursement of professional licensing fees
- Generous paid vacation days and holidays
After the first year, consultants are eligible to participate in a discretionary individual bonus program (based on individual performance, separate from any company-wide bonuses).
- Bachelor’s degree in acoustics, a field related to acoustics (e.g., mechanical engineering, architecture), and/or a demonstrated serious interest in acoustics
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel) software
- CAD experience a plus
For more information about our firm, see www.salter-inc.com.
If interested in the position, send your resume to email@example.com.