Founded in 1966, Wilson Ihrig is an internationally renowned acoustics, noise, and vibration consulting firm based in the San Francisco Bay Area with additional offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Seattle. Our work covers a wide array of projects, including architectural, and public transportation, with an emphasis on rail transit, environmental, forensics, construction, structural vibration, and whole-building vibration isolation.
In our over 57 years of business, we have proudly created and maintained a supportive community of colleagues that fosters quality work, learning, the free exchange of ideas, and a place to grow. Our technical experts collectively have more than 300 years of experience and knowledge.
We are currently seeking a qualified acoustician who could be based in any of our West Coast offices. Education and experience should be commensurate with 3 to 7 years. This is a full-time hourly position (nominally 35-40 hours per week) with benefits that include health care, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and a good work/life balance. The typical salary range for this position is $80,000 to $97,000 based on qualifications and hours worked. The successful applicant must be an independent, reliable, and mature individual who is a self-starter and thrives in both in-office and outdoor environments.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
- Acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field
- Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
- Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
- Direct, relatable experience
- Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and at least one acoustic software package such as EASE, CadnaA, SoundPLAN, TNM
- Working knowledge of CAD will be considered a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must demonstrate proof of permission to work permanently in the United States at the time of hire
How to Communicate your Interest
To apply, please EMAIL PDFs of the following four (4) items:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig
- Your resume
- Employment Application & Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form
Please note that candidates may not be considered until all four requested documents are received.
The new employees will be required to spend several days per week on premises in the office or the field over the first few months; however, many of our employees are able to work remotely, and the circumstances of that arrangement can be negotiated. Proof of vaccination or accommodation will be requested, and masks while working may be required. Wilson Ihrig is a drug-free workplace.
Wilson Ihrig is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.