|Phoenix Noise and Vibration LLC is an Acoustical Engineering firm located in Frederick, Maryland founded in October 2004 by a group of professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience in all aspects of noise and vibration control in the building industry. Our goal is to be the first choice for noise and vibration control services in the mid-Atlantic region.
The PNV environment will appeal to the independent, self-directed individual interested in being a part of a small but growing company. Working directly with the existing engineering staff will provide a unique opportunity for individual development in many aspects of acoustical engineering. With a client base predominantly in the DC area, there will be exposure and experience to a large metropolitan work environment. Located an hour from both Washington DC and Baltimore in beautiful historic Frederick Maryland, Phoenix Noise and Vibration LLC offers competitive wages and benefits for this full-time position.
• Conduct a variety of field measurements.
• Perform data reduction and analysis.
• Provide design services using both computer modeling and traditional calculation techniques.
• Write reports documenting the measurement, mitigation, and design results.
• Interface directly with clients.
• BS in either Mechanical, Acoustical, Architectural, Civil, or Electrical Engineering.
• Proficient in MSOffice and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with CAD (such as AutoCAD, Pro E, SOLIDWORKS, etc.).
• Able to read architectural, mechanical, and structural plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Self-starter capable of working independently as well as collaboratively.
• Related study areas: Acoustics, noise & vibration control, HVAC noise analysis, building acoustics (room separation analysis), transportation noise analysis, finite element analysis.
• Knowledge in acoustic principles as applied to building structure, environmental acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical noise control.
• Experience in CadnaA, Sound Plan, SketchUp, EASE, AIM, INSUL, and/or FHWA: Traffic Noise Model.
• Construction/ building design experience.
ABOUT PHOENIX NOISE & VIBRATION
Not Arizona! Phoenix Noise & Vibration, located in Frederick, Maryland, provides acoustical engineering services to Architects, Engineers, Land Developers, and Zoning Attorneys to develop feasible solutions to their particular acoustical issue. PNV offers a wide variety of acoustics, noise, and vibration services as they apply to residential and commercial buildings, research and government facilities, healthcare buildings, performance broadcasting spaces, and fitness centers.