Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world.
Our Boston Acoustics, Audiovisual, Theatre, and Experience Design team is growing and we are seeking candidates with experience focused on acoustic consulting.
You will collaborate within our dynamic regional multidisciplinary acoustics, audiovisual, theatre and experience team, on project sectors ranging from arts and culture, entertainment, sport, urban design, transportation, science, healthcare, education, and corporate environments.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Thoroughly explore technical solutions, and also take time to ensure the technical analysis are aligned project needs
- Consider commercial aspects of a project – contracts, financial performance, resourcing – and consider them in your approach to project delivery
- Have an eye for detail in all written, visual, and verbal communication
- Strive to deliver innovative acoustic and design solutions
- Understand the multidisciplinary nature of acoustic consulting work, and can coordinate design with design team members
- Demonstrate an understanding of the architectural design and construction process
- You are passionate about acoustic design and architecture, and their effects on people, cities, and health
- You thrive within a team environment in collaboration with team members at all levels and can take direction to work autonomously
- You communicate technical concepts clearly and in an organized manner
- You are motivated to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
- You stay organized and calm under moments of high pressure, finding productive ways to prioritize and thrive
- You understand your strengths and how they can be applied to teams, projects, and clients
- You contribute to overall team success through project management, technical delivery, and client care.
- You are proactive in project delivery and achieving deadlines
- You develop others by sharing technical experience/knowledge, provide guidance, and feedback
- Degree in acoustics or architectural engineering OR a degree in architecture, music, physics, engineering, computer science, sound reproduction, sound recording, with strong demonstrated experience in acoustics
- 4+ years of relevant experience in acoustic design
- Strong grasp of fundamental of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, engineering acoustics, noise control, digital signal processing, electroacoustics, human responses to acoustics and vibration
- Proficiency with specialist technical equipment and software such as B&K, CATT, EASE, Odeon, Max/MSP, AutoCad, Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketchup
- Candidates with additional experience in music, composition, electronic music, recording, 3D sound, live sound, production are particularly encouraged to apply
Benefits that Work – At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates should apply here.