Cerami is one of the country’s oldest and largest acoustics & technology consulting firms, creating signature solutions for our clients for nearly 60 years. We’re a team of 90+ engineers, designers, technologists, acousticians, and VR experts, who think left-brain and right-brain. We’re musicians, gamers, sailors, tri-athletes, mentors and coaches, who collaborate, obsess over details, value relationships, look to exceed expectations and give a lot of high-fives.
Rather than resting on our laurels, Cerami is growing. We are currently seeking experienced acoustics consultants to join our Chicago office to manage and execute acoustics design projects in both the Chicago region and around the country. Our current available position is for either an Associate or Senior Associate, depending on the extent of applicant’s experience.
The consultant will report to an acoustics studio head (director of the Chicago office) and will be responsible for consulting work on projects, proactive management projects and project-specific teams, coordination with consultants in other offices, and interfacing directly with clients. Marketing and business development responsibilities will vary depending on experience but, at minimum, will include drafting of proposals and attendance at industry events. Additionally, the consultant will have responsibility in monitoring the financial and technical performance of project, commensurate with experience.
- Develop and implement project plans and coordinate resources with team members.
- Carry out site surveys and analyze data.
- Carry out drawing reviews and necessary calculations and present results to project manager.
- Develop and update acoustic models
- Develop graphics to illustrate acoustic recommendations
- Prepare reports for submission to clients.
- Keep project Principal informed on client and project issues for assigned projects.
- Attend project meetings with clients and prepare meeting summaries in a timely fashion.
- Ensure company technical and professional standards are met.
- Review work of Associates and Jr. Associates on managed projected.
- Keep partners and principals informed on client and project issues for assigned projects.
- Assist in marketing the firm, through providing clients with excellent and timely work product as well as working on presenting technical seminars for client firms.
- Prepare & Deliver Design and Marketing Presentations.
- Foster repeat business—develop client relationships.
- Prepare project proposals in coordination with Studio Head.
- Attend business related events through which contacts would be developed and identify new business opportunities.
- Utilize the CRM fully to log opportunities, client and project information.
- Identify areas and goals of professional growth each year.
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership.
- Help foster an environment of empathy and constant curiosity within the office.
- Practical understanding of the physical concepts underlying Room Acoustics, Acoustic Isolation, and Noise & Vibration Control
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and AutoCAD
- Desirable, but not required, to have familiarity with Revit, CATT, Cadnaa, and/or Matlab
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- 3+ years (Associate) or 5+ years (Senior Associate) of related experience
- The position is located in Chicago.
- Chicago-based staff currently work from home, with an expectation of regular in-person coordination meetings throughout the week. As the team grows, a fixed office location will be established in downtown Chicago. Consistent with other Cerami locations, we anticipate an ongoing hybrid work model with a minimum percentage of in-office presence.