Acoustical Consultant, Atlanta, GA
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an entry-level or early-career Acoustical Consultant. Candidates must have the ability to work out of our Atlanta, Georgia office.
For 100 years, we have been designing innovative systems that bring buildings to life. Our projects positively impact society, from research labs to cure infectious and chronic diseases to smart classrooms to inspire today’s scholars and tomorrow’s leaders. We are known for our
sustainable and intelligent approach to design as we develop award-winning solutions for Fortune 500 companies, top healthcare systems, and leading universities.
At Newcomb & Boyd, we value the highest technical competencies, a “team-first” mentality, excellent communication skills, and a self-driven work ethic. We offer ample opportunities for professional growth, as evidenced by industry-low turnover.
•Gather and analyze acoustical data including field measurements of reverberation time, sound transmission, impact isolation, vibration, and mechanical noise.
•Design for Architectural Acoustics, Sound Isolation, Equipment Noise and Vibration Control, Environmental Acoustics, Industrial Noise Control, Forensic Site;
•Investigation, and Computer Modeling and Auralization.
•Coordinate with other disciplines both in-house and out-of-house, including architectural, interior design, audio visual, MEP and structural.
•Prepare drawings, sketches, and reports to document findings and convey recommendations;
•Available for travel (10-20%).
•Participation in the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) or Institute of Noise Control Engineers (INCE) is encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to work a hybrid (office & remote) schedule
• Ability to learn new skills and work effectively with all acoustic team members
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience and expertise in structural vibration measurement, design, and control preferred.
• Prioritizes effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
• Ability to listen and demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a specialty in Acoustics preferred.
• Course work with a focus in architectural acoustics or noise control is required.
• Experience with REVIT preferred.
• Current or previous student membership in ASA and INCE preferred
• For early-career applicants, experience with INSUL, Vibro-Acoustics Design, SoundPlan, or EASE preferred
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to acoustical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the design of MEP systems with the integration of additional services including commissioning, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security,
and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
Newcomb & Boyd is a firm member of the National Council of Acoustical Consultants (NCAC).
We offer a flexible, hybrid work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world. Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Newcomb & Boyd is an affirmative action employer and ensures that all applicants and employees are treated fairly in all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, retention, and compensation.