Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC, located on the 19th floor of 8 Penn Center in Center City Philadelphia, is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. We are seeking a talented professional to join us as we grow.
Position Title: Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
• Consult with clients providing guidance and expertise in acoustical and vibration design.
• Manage acoustic and vibration projects.
• Analyze project documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Create acoustic computer models.
• Develop recommendations for clients to achieve acoustical design intent.
• Coordinate with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Conduct acoustical and vibration field measurements.
• Compose clear and concise reports to present technical information.
• Participate in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• 3 or more years of experience in acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
• Project management experience.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Experience with creation of acoustical modeling in software such as EASE, INSUL, Noise 3d, HVAC noise modeling software, or similar.
• Experience with Sketchup, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, and Revit.
• Must possess valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
Metropolitan Acoustics is employee-owned and offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include over four weeks of paid time off, eight holidays, a flexible work schedule, work from home days, health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, commuter benefits, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd., 8 Penn Center, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103