Health & Safety Goals
- Follow all local, state, hotel and CDC guidelines for events and gatherings.
- Create a safe, healthy environment for all attendees.
- Achieve our Annual Meeting purpose of collaboration, learning and fun.
CDC Guidelines for Fully Vaccinated People (updated May 16)
CDC Guidelines for Unvaccinated People - Gatherings (updated May 16)
NCAC Annual Meeting Guidelines (as of May 24, 2021):
- Stay Home If You’re Sick - We ask that the following individuals stay home: (1) vaccinated individuals that have symptoms associated with COVID-19 and have not received a negative COVID-19 test and (2) unvaccinated individuals with or without symptoms who have been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
- Appropriate physical distancing - We will follow guidelines for distancing, which will evolve over the summer. A final summary will be provided in early August. Regardless of requirements, we will provide seating options, especially for meal functions, that allow for attendees that prefer extra space.
- Masks TBD - CDC guidelines were recently updated to give vaccinated individuals the OK to not wear masks in public spaces. We will continue to monintor guidelines throughout the summer and determine the best policy for our August meeting. Unvaccinated individuals should continue to wear a mask and anyone else who prefers to do so will be welcome to wear a mask.
- Hygiene & Disinfection - The Sheraton has extensive cleaning procedures both in guest rooms and our event space. Sanitation stations will be provided throughout the meeting space and we ask attendees to wash their hands frequently.
COVID-19 Event Waiver
By attending the event, you certify that you do not fall into either of the following categories:
- Unvaccinated and Vaccinated individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath;
- Unvaccinated Individuals who believe they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment. (Per updated CDC Guidelines, vaccinated individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 do not need to stay away from others unless they show symptoms.)
If you cannot attend due to COVID-19 (experiencing symptoms, believed to be exposed, have confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19), you may request a refund of your Annual Meeting registration.