Wilson Ihrig, now in our 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Our projects cover a wide array of projects including architectural, transportation (especially rail transit), environmental, construction, structural vibration, and even whole-building vibration isolation.
We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant and Associate positions in our San Francisco Bay Area (HQ) and Seattle (regional) offices. Education and experience should commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years and 3 to 6 years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects including engineers, architects, planners, attorneys, and individuals with community noise and vibration issues. We highly value accurate empirical data, and you may make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. At the same time, you will be taught a wide range of acoustical calculations procedures. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
• Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
• Field work can require operating in active construction sites, climbing ladders, walking to remote off-road locations with test equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
• Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
• Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or even Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
• Knowledge of basic acoustical relations and equations a plus
• Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment a plus
• Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA),
CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable
• Familiarity with vibration concepts and measurement a plus
• Must demonstrate, at hire, proof of permission to work permanently in the United States
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume. You must also submit an Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form (found here: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/) all in PDF format to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Wilson Ihrig, Attn: Careers, 6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400, Emeryville, CA 94608
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 21, 2018
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191