Wilson Ihrig, now in our 51st year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant, Associate, and Senior Consultant positions in our Emeryville, CA (HQ); Bothell, WA; and New York City offices. Education and experience needs to be commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years, 3 to 6 years, and 6 plus years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects concerning transportation, buildings and environment. Typical project work areas include rail and automotive transportation systems, architectural and building acoustics, industrial noise control, HVAC and mechanical equipment, community and environmental acoustics, and construction noise and vibration monitoring. We highly value accurate empirical data, and may expect to make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Work will include, but will not be limited to:
- Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
- Field work can require climbing ladders, navigating on-site barriers, walking to remote off-road locations and transporting equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses
- Preparation and/or support of reports (including writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Bachelor’s, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Master's or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Knowledge of continuum mechanics, solid mechanics, and/or structural dynamics a plus.
- Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking.
- Creative, adaptable, independent, resourceful, dedicated, enthusiastic.
- Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment.
- Ability to analyze digitally recorded acoustical and vibration data .
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable.
- Vibration expertise and transportation project experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume, Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form on our website: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/
Send all in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Career development is encouraged through participation in professional organizations.
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191