CENSEO AV+Acoustics | Staff Engineer
CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and Audio/Visual (AV) design consulting firm corporate headquarters in Kailua, Hawaii and offices in Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington. At CENSEO, we are constantly working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art infrastructure by offering industry leading AV design and acoustical consulting services. Due to an influx of new projects in Hawaii, we are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Staff Engineer at our Kailua corporate office headquarters.
This position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of infrastructure including performing arts centers, municipal and residential buildings, resorts, and facilities for education, healthcare, military, and more. This position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final building checkout. Depending on the project, primary responsibilities include developing Audio/Visual systems design, assessing HVAC vibration and noise levels, and evaluating natural room acoustics. Job includes some environmental noise studies, construction site visits, and acoustical data analysis. The ability to communicate design concepts and test results through written reports and verbal presentations is essential.
• AV System Design
• Design and evaluate room acoustics
• Perform field testing: STC, IIC, vibration
• Analyze sound level data
• Prepare professional reports and communicate directly with clients
• Conduct calculations involving environmental sound levels and reverberation time
• Develop design drawings, & system specifications using 2-D and 3-D computer aided design software
• Participate in marketing and business growth efforts
• Uphold CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
• Personal dedication to enhancing the CENSEO team
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a Master’s degree in either field is an asset
• Some experience in the fields of AV and/or acoustical design
• Passion for AV and acoustics, applied to building & construction
• Detail oriented, comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, noise & vibration control
• Understanding of acoustic standards and measurements
• Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, CadnaA & other modeling software
• Project Management experience and implementation of design concepts
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, esp. Word and Excel
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types with local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing efforts. We remain involved in professional organizations. We aim for work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and many other desirable benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Qualified applicants, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Jaime Clark, Marketing Director
155 Hamakua Dr., Ste. C
Kailua, HI 96734
When responding, reference ad number 1211