Acoustics By Design is seeking a Senior Audiovisual Consultant for our Grand Rapids, Michigan location. As a Senior Audiovisual Consultant at Acoustics By Design, you’ll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will be engaging with end users and clients to identify needs and applications for technologies, as well as identify future trends and develop infrastructure to serve those applications into the future, anticipating how they may change and grow. As project manager, your responsibilities will include working with architects, engineers and facilities operators to ensure audiovisual systems are a planned and integral part of the facility design vision, including the building systems and operational aspects of the facility long after occupancy.
The consultant will work alongside our audiovisual design and BIM/CAD team to produce programming reports and budgets, plan and coordinate systems design and infrastructure documentation – including drawings and specifications, as well as provide construction administration duties, closeout and commissioning of completed systems, and ongoing client relationship support post-occupancy. The ideal candidate will have experience with and understand the role of consultant as well as experience working on a varied spectrum of projects including higher education, healthcare, hospitality, workplace, performing arts centers, civic and institutional facilities.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your client relationship skills and technical systems expertise into practice, and you possess the following qualifications and experience, send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Engineering, theater design degree, and/or industry certification. Infocomm CTS-D certification preferred.
• Minimum of five years AV Systems design experience. Engineering, structured cabling systems and/or network design, and/or control systems programming experience is a plus.
• Experience in A/E project management, with skills in managing often differing expectations between owners, end-users, architects, engineers and contractors.
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and envision future developments and trends in our industry.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Thorough knowledge of audio-visual technology, control systems, and media networks.
• Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel. Knowledge of Revit desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding team skills.
• Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Availability to relocate to our home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Acoustics By Design
124 Fulton St E, 2nd Floor
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
When responding, reference ad number 1188