Eilar Associates, Inc., an acoustical and environmental consulting firm located in Escondido, San Diego County, CA, is reviewing resumes to fill an immediate vacancy for a Senior Environmental Acoustical Consultant.
Key responsibilities include acoustical consulting, project management, supervision and mentorship of assigned staff, and assistance with business development.
A minimum of three years acoustical consulting work experience, high professional standards, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Acoustics, or other acoustics-related field of study
• Minimum of three years of work experience in Acoustics and/or Noise Control
• Practical knowledge and experience with architectural, environmental, engineered acoustics, and vibration issues as related to commercial, educational, healthcare, infrastructure and residential projects
• Experience working with architects, engineers, developers, and contractors
• Experience with building codes, acoustical standards, and engineering aspects of acoustics
• Proficiency or strong familiarity with modeling tools, such as, INSUL, Cadna/A, and Traffic Noise Model (TNM version 2.5)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to produce and review project documents, including technical reports, drawings, and acoustical specifications
• Demonstrated experience and comfort speaking in public and delivering presentations
• Manage and mentor assigned staff in performance of their acoustic related duties
• Ensure that site visits and testing are performed per approved company protocols
• Prepare and edit final reports for clarity and accuracy
• Coordinate with teams, architects, contractors, and manufacturers to develop practical design solutions and alternatives for clients
• Research and review regulatory issues regarding local, state, and national codes
• Contribute to projects during schematic design (SD), design development (DD), and construction document (CD) phases
• Prepare bid proposals and project cost estimates
• Manage job budgets and review invoices
• Conduct, develop, and/or direct site testing, with sound measurement instrumentation
• Use computer modeling and results to develop design options and solve project challenges
• Prepare letter reports, technical documents, graphics, and acoustical specifications
• Develop marketing tools and approaches to win new projects and clients
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, sick and vacation time accrual, paid holidays, and 401(k) Retirement.
Eilar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Forward your resume, letter of interest and supporting information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eilar Associates, Inc.
When responding, reference ad number 1217