Acoustic Distinctions has an immediate opening for an Acoustic Consultant. The position may be located at either our midtown New York City location, or in our Stamford, Connecticut, office, as best suits the candidate.
The successful candidate will have experience in acoustics consulting, including room acoustic design, sound isolation, mechanical noise control, and environmental acoustics. She or he will also possess skills and knowledge in programming, evaluation, design, documentation, construction administration, commissioning, and project management.
Background should include a professional degree in acoustics, architecture, mechanical engineering or other related degree program, and a minimum of three years experience in a consulting or related capacity. Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Preference will be given to applicants who have skill in CATT Acoustics or other acoustic modeling software, and REVIT or other 3D BIM and drafting software.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas through writing, drawing, and speaking. The position involves regular interaction with architects, engineers, and other members of the design team; as well as owners, operators, contractors, and prospective clients.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Compensation will include a full benefits package with health insurance, 401K, medical, life insurance, and liberal vacation policy. Other benefits include Adjusted Work Schedule option, commutation allowance, and generous continuing education allowance. Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acoustic Distinctions, founded in 1991, provides acoustics and performance technology consulting services from offices in New York City, Stamford, CT, Lancaster, PA, and Los Angeles, CA. We serve projects nationally and worldwide in performing arts, entertainment, sports, worship, broadcast and audio, video and film production. More information about the firm is available at our website, www.acousticdistinctions.com.
60 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10165
When responding, reference ad number 1223
Wilson Ihrig, now in our 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Our projects cover a wide array of projects including architectural, transportation (especially rail transit), environmental, construction, structural vibration, and even whole-building vibration isolation.
We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant and Associate positions in our San Francisco Bay Area (HQ) and Seattle (regional) offices. Education and experience should commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years and 3 to 6 years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects including engineers, architects, planners, attorneys, and individuals with community noise and vibration issues. We highly value accurate empirical data, and you may make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. At the same time, you will be taught a wide range of acoustical calculations procedures. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
• Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
• Field work can require operating in active construction sites, climbing ladders, walking to remote off-road locations with test equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
• Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
• Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or even Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
• Knowledge of basic acoustical relations and equations a plus
• Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment a plus
• Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA),
CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable
• Familiarity with vibration concepts and measurement a plus
• Must demonstrate, at hire, proof of permission to work permanently in the United States
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume. You must also submit an Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form (found here: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/) all in PDF format to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Wilson Ihrig, Attn: Careers, 6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400, Emeryville, CA 94608
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 21, 2018
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191