MCH seeks a Junior to Mid-Level consultant who values personal growth, embraces challenge, demonstrates strong technical, communication, and writing skills, and is passionate about architectural acoustics. The consultant will work closely with the principals on a range of building types involving sound isolation, HVAC systems noise & vibration control, and room acoustics, and will coordinate closely with our AV/Media Systems Group.
• Perform detailed design review and analysis, and provide acoustical recommendations to design team members during the following phases: Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents
• Perform site observation trips and conduct field measurements
• Write acoustical summary reports that will be issued to clients
• Assist in the generation of proposals for consulting services
• BA or BS in architecture, mechanical engineering or related fields with specific coursework in architectural acoustics
• Ability to confidently, clearly, and effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Active engagement in a professional society related to architecture and/or acoustics
• Familiarity with architectural modeling/auralization and HVAC analysis
• A Master's degree, facility with field measurements, and project management experience are preferred.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, are highly desirable.
Since 1987, we have embraced the notion that Sound Science is Art. We are committed to providing excellence in consulting services to architects and engineers to ensure appropriate acoustical and audiovisual environments. Our projects have earned highly prestigious design awards and recognition. Many of our performing arts projects have received acclaim from renowned critics and musicians alike.
Please send resume to THoover@MCHinc.com. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, paid healthcare insurance, vacation and sick pay, a performance-based bonus program, and a profit sharing 401(k) plan.
McKay Conant Hoover inc
5655 lindero canyon rd, suite 325
westlake village, California 91362
When responding, reference ad number 1194
When responding, reference ad number 1197
Thanks to longstanding and continued success, Acentech is growing. We seek to hire an experienced acoustics consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group. The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including science and technology, commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. The ideal candidate has:
• 10+ years of experience working for an acoustics consulting firm.
• Experience working on projects related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types. Particular experience with labs and high-tech facilities is a big plus.
• Skilled and interested in developing business, and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech.
• A working understanding of vibration isolation.
• Experience with various acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
• Experience reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
• Experience with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, and standard word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• A Masters degree in a field directly or closely related to architectural acoustics.
• Demonstrated leadership in the field, via speaking engagements, byline articles, blog posts, etc.
• Passion for his or her work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies and industry associations (ASA, INCE, and others). Consultants support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project and client management – from proposal writing to post-completion checkouts.
Acentech is a nationally recognized multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual system, IT and security system design. The company serves a diverse group of clients from its offices in Cambridge, MA; Trevose, PA; and Los Angeles, CA. With a professional staff of more than 55 consultants, Acentech is one of the largest organizations of its type. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductable costs, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
33 Moulton Street
Cambridge, MA 02138-1118
When responding, reference ad number 1195