Junior Consultant Position
Geiler & Associates, LLC is located in Aurora, Colorado has an opening for an acoustical and/or audio & video system designer.
Our Firm was established 1998 and is an independent consulting firm in acoustics and presentation technologies. We are a member of the National Council of Acoustic Consultant (NCAC) and numerous professional societies. Our licensed professionals have extensive experience in the acoustic design of studios, auditoria, cinemas, large format theaters, worship spaces, K-12 Schools, higher education facilities, museums and low, mid & high rise multifamily residences.
We are a small dynamic firm whose goal is to provide our clients with the highest quality acoustic and presentation technology consulting services. Our services typically include architectural acoustics, exterior and interior sound insulation, mechanical systems noise & vibration control, audio & video system design, performance lighting, drapery & rigging design, environmental and acoustic compliance testing.
Our services are provided from planning and design programming through working drawings and specifications, and construction administration assistance. We provide consulting services for a wide range of facilities, both domestic and international.
Candidates Capabilities and Experience:
• Should have a B.S. in architectural, mechanical or electrical engineering or B.A. with an emphasis in acoustics.
• Minimum 3 months in acoustics and audio & video design.
• Good written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, M.S. Office with experience with 3-D acoustic modeling programs a plus
• Experience conducting environmental, HVAC and architectural acoustic measurements.
• Experience with Audio and theatrical design is a plus.
Responsibilities will include assisting senior staff with the following:
• Attending project meetings with Clients.
• Reviewing project design documents and providing recommendations on room acoustics, sound isolation, environmental noise control, HVAC noise & vibration control.
• Developing audio & video system design narratives, cost estimates drawings and specifications based on the
Client needs and direction.
• Conducting field acoustic testing and written reports detailing findings and recommendations.
• Some travel may be required.
• Must be reliable, motivated, serious and able to manage, schedule, coordinate projects.
Compensation is commensurate with capabilities and experience. We provide a fully paid benefits package including health, vision, dental, disability and 4% matched 401k.
Information on our firm can be found at www.geileracoustics.com. Resumes and cover letters may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When responding, reference ad number 1185
Downtown Chicago-based consulting firm seeks senior acoustical engineer to complete our team. Professional Engineering license preferred.
We offer equity ownership to the right individual. You will be managing a wide range of projects related to sound isolation, room acoustics and mechanical system noise and vibration control. Your writing, communication, and collaboration skills will be central to your success. Our Associates must be able to present technical information in clear language and engage in creative and effective problem solving.
As an industry-leading firm we consult on a variety of buildings including high rise multi-family residential, educational facilities, hotels, hospitals, offices and power plants. Many of our projects are constructed in noise-impacted areas.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
• At least a Bachelor of Science degree and experience in one or more of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Acoustics.
• Demonstrated success interacting with clients, including business development.
• Proficient with sound and vibration measurement equipment and techniques, acoustical modeling software and analysis.
• Must have working knowledge of building systems and construction methods and be able to communicate with architects, engineers and contractors.
• Ability to interpret construction drawings.
• Background in the energy industry, including power plants and related systems preferred.
Shiner + Associates, Inc.
225 W. Washington St. - Suite 1625
Chicago, IL 60606
When responding, reference ad number 1182
ACOUSTICIAN & A/V DESIGNER
The Greenbusch Group is stable, 27 year old Audio/Video, Acoustics and Mechanical Engineering firm based in Seattle, Washington. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and an IRA Plan.
Our projects types include Education, Corporate, Civic and Transportation facilities throughout the US. We encourage visiting our website at www.greenbusch.com. We are seeking an individual to support both our Acoustics and Audio/Video consulting departments. This position will be based in Seattle, Washington and is available immediately.
Responsibilities will include:
o Review building plans and analyze acoustical characteristics such as reverberation, sound isolation, HVAC system noise and vibration, structure borne sound transfer, etc.
o Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria.
o Develop design narratives and coordination memoranda to support the design process.
o Assist with field measurements of acoustical properties, such as general background noise levels, ASTC, AIIC and T60.
o Design of complex AV systems.
o Preparation of systems drawings and specifications in CSI format.
o Coordination with Acousticians, Architects, Engineers, and Contractors.
o Assistance with Construction Administration during construction.
o Assistance with on-site testing, measurement, and commissioning of AV systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field.
Minimum 5 years experience in related field.
Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
High appreciation for quality customer service.
Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet deadlines.
Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Submit resume and cover letter to The Greenbusch Group, Inc. email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or agency solicitations please.
toll free: 855.476.2874
1900 W. Nickerson St., Suite 201 Seattle, WA 98119
Franklin, OH | La Quinta, CA
The Greenbusch Group, Inc.
When responding, reference ad number 1181
POSITION: Principal – Field Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the Field Services Discipline
RESPONSIBLE TO: Albert Maniscalco, Partner
Cerami & Associates is excited to expand their Field Services department, which is focused on field related work that involves short duration trouble shooting projects, noise & vibration monitoring, and field support for internal clients. We are looking for an experienced individual who is well versed in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry and enjoys problem solving. This position will be responsible for managing the people and resources of the group, oversee the development of new technologies and methodologies as the department grows, managing group profitability goals, managing team performance with metrics, staffing, and ensure all quality controls/assurance measures are taken on all projects.
Manage the people, resources and workflow of a group
Provide technical and logistical leadership from marketing to final testing of project.
Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
Responsibility for the financial success of projects.
Ensures the company goals are achieved.
Ability to further develop expertise and create new operational processes.
Responsible for staff development- creating development plans for each employee which aligns with the firm’s goals.
Responsible for technical education and training of junior staff
Responsible for staff retention and recruitment.
Responsible for mentorship and outside program development.
Maintain client relationships and penetrate existing clients.
Evaluate and approve RFPs and proposals.
Assist in marketing and business development processes
Financial Management & Administration
Establish and maintain project and/or group profitability goals.
Oversee project billing, approve project costs and fees.
Determine and oversee staff performance and development standards, responsible for team productivity and morale.
Determine staffing requirements, interview and approve additions to staff.
Resolve employment issues to support positive work climate and minimize legal risk.
Responsible for outstanding invoices. Document all client contacts. Work with accounting to create documentation for additional services and outstanding invoices.
Maintain technical and process manuals and provide technical input to Cerami database.
Education & Experience
• At least 10 years in the Architecture, Construction & Engineering industry.
• Bachelor of Science degree and/or experience in one or more of the following – acoustical, mechanical or architectural engineering involving noise and vibration analysis
• Must be proficient with sound and vibration measurement equipment including sound pressure level meters (preferably Bruel & Kjaer or NTi), multichannel analyzers (preferably National Instruments), FFT analysis, dynamic signal analysis, etc.
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Matlab and Labview, and other analysis software is helpful.
• Must have a working knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing devices commonly found in building construction.
Cerami & Associates, Inc.
404 Fifth Ave., 8th Floor
New York, NY 10018
When responding, reference ad number 1180