CENSEO AV+Acoustics | Staff Engineer
CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and Audio/Visual (AV) design consulting firm corporate headquarters in Kailua, Hawaii and offices in Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington. At CENSEO, we are constantly working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art infrastructure by offering industry leading AV design and acoustical consulting services. Due to an influx of new projects in Hawaii, we are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Staff Engineer at our Kailua corporate office headquarters.
This position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of infrastructure including performing arts centers, municipal and residential buildings, resorts, and facilities for education, healthcare, military, and more. This position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final building checkout. Depending on the project, primary responsibilities include developing Audio/Visual systems design, assessing HVAC vibration and noise levels, and evaluating natural room acoustics. Job includes some environmental noise studies, construction site visits, and acoustical data analysis. The ability to communicate design concepts and test results through written reports and verbal presentations is essential.
• AV System Design
• Design and evaluate room acoustics
• Perform field testing: STC, IIC, vibration
• Analyze sound level data
• Prepare professional reports and communicate directly with clients
• Conduct calculations involving environmental sound levels and reverberation time
• Develop design drawings, & system specifications using 2-D and 3-D computer aided design software
• Participate in marketing and business growth efforts
• Uphold CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
• Personal dedication to enhancing the CENSEO team
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a Master’s degree in either field is an asset
• Some experience in the fields of AV and/or acoustical design
• Passion for AV and acoustics, applied to building & construction
• Detail oriented, comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, noise & vibration control
• Understanding of acoustic standards and measurements
• Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, CadnaA & other modeling software
• Project Management experience and implementation of design concepts
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, esp. Word and Excel
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types with local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing efforts. We remain involved in professional organizations. We aim for work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and many other desirable benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Qualified applicants, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Jaime Clark, Marketing Director
155 Hamakua Dr., Ste. C
Kailua, HI 96734
When responding, reference ad number 1211
TALASKE is seeking qualified candidates for work as an Acoustics Consultant in the field of architectural acoustics. TALASKE offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Perform design, documentation & construction administration tasks on multiple projects as designer and Project Manager as related to Room Acoustics, Sound Isolation, and Noise Control.
Perform Business Development tasks as coordinated with the Business Development Director, including proposal writing and budgeting, to secure new projects.
Candidates should have 3-5 years of experience in the acoustic design of buildings with a similar acoustics consulting firm.
Excellent communication, writing, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills
Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
LEED Certification, experience with Revit, and in music, theater, and/or architecture are also desirable.
For consideration, email a letter of interest and resume which highlights experience versus desired qualifications. Within Subject line, reference ‘Acoustics Consultant’, to: Rick@talaske.com and Joan@talaske.com
Located just outside of Chicago, TALASKE | SOUND THINKING is an acoustical consulting firm with a national and international practice in the acoustic design of performing arts facilities and other buildings. For more information, please visit our web site at www.talaske.com
Talaske Group Inc
1033 South Boulevard
Oak Park, Illinois 60302
When responding, reference ad number 1210
As a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer at ABD Engineering & Design, you'll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will design and engineer acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise. You'll work with a team of professional engineers solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, workplace, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise into practice, and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your resume to Melinda Miller, Principal Engineer: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and audiovisual design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
Our consultants provide AV design and acoustical consulting services to: architects, engineers, facility directors, municipalities, and building owners. Our acoustics team includes acoustical consultants, acoustical engineers, noise consultants, and vibration consultants. Our integrated team of audiovisual consultants design audio, video, and conference room systems, to integrate with the native acoustical environment.
As an independent consulting, engineering, and design firm, ABD Engineering & Design performs consulting services only, and does not manufacture, sell, or install any products. This enables us to offer objective recommendations for our clients' projects. For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
-Read and review architectural, mechanical, structural plans, and noise codes and consult on space design, sound isolation, environmental/transportation noise, and building systems noise control.
-Provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
-Measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration on interior and exterior environments and verify acoustical compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, standards, and ANSI guidelines.
-Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients and prospects as needed.
-Write technical reports and explain technical concepts to clients, lead seminars and presentations to prospects and clients, and publish technical papers on acoustical topics.
-Provide internal marketing support for blogs, proposals, and budgets.
-Supervise and manage acoustical consultants and other support staff as needed.
-Manage projects, client expectations, and deadlines.
-Read industry periodicals and attend necessary training to stay current on industry trends and standards and maintain certifications and licenses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
-Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
-Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
-Expertise with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
-Expert witness and land use application process experience are highly desirable.
-Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
-Aware of sustainable design principles - preferably LEED AP certification.
-Proficient in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, TRANE Acoustics Program (TAP), CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
-Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
-Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD's needs change.
-Ability to travel as needed.
-Availability to relocate to our office in Portland, Oregon.
-Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
-Eight to ten years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation - licensed as a Professional Engineer or INCE Board Certification.
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc.
321 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1208
Wilson Ihrig, now in its 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Wilson Ihrig is always open to speaking with qualified Senior Consultant and Principal-level applicants.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to grow the business by maintaining existing clients and acquiring new clients.
- Manage organization functions assigned to the office including staff administration; project administration; quality assurance; and business development.
- Manage and lead projects.
- Supervise and develop staff both professionally and technically.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses.
- Prepare technical reports in clear, concise English.
- Direct and participate in field work.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration.
- Possess a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in acoustical engineering.
- Vibration expertise and transportation project experience are highly desirable.
- Significant experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction modeling software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages are highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Business development experience, as this is a key aspect of this position.
- Represent the firm at industry events, conferences, and client meetings.
- Excellent verbal/presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong client management skills.
- Ability to think clearly and work under pressure.
- Must demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself, along with your resume.
Also include our Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form. Both can be found on our website: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/ and send all in PDF format to: email@example.com
or mail to:
6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191