Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. For the past two years, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area. We are seeking talented professionals to join us as we grow.
Available Position: Acoustic and Vibration Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
• Performs field testing including SPL, reverberation time, STC, IIC, vibration.
• Consults with clients providing guidance and expertise in acoustical and vibration design.
• Manages acoustic and vibration projects.
• Coordinates with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Performs acoustic studies using off-the-shelf software as well as Metropolitan Acoustics’ licensed and proprietary software.
• Composes high-quality reports with recommendations.
• Works with the acoustics and vibration team to refine our tools and develop new ones.
• Participates in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• 0-10 years of experience in acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Acoustics, Physics, or relevant engineering field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
• Experience with EASE, SketchUp, INSUL, and HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee-owned and conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia above Suburban Station, Metropolitan Acoustics offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, generous paid time off, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Applicants must be able to legally work in the U.S.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1209
As a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer at ABD Engineering & Design, you'll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will design and engineer acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise. You'll work with a team of professional engineers solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, workplace, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise into practice, and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your resume to Melinda Miller, Principal Engineer: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and audiovisual design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
Our consultants provide AV design and acoustical consulting services to: architects, engineers, facility directors, municipalities, and building owners. Our acoustics team includes acoustical consultants, acoustical engineers, noise consultants, and vibration consultants. Our integrated team of audiovisual consultants design audio, video, and conference room systems, to integrate with the native acoustical environment.
As an independent consulting, engineering, and design firm, ABD Engineering & Design performs consulting services only, and does not manufacture, sell, or install any products. This enables us to offer objective recommendations for our clients' projects. For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
-Read and review architectural, mechanical, structural plans, and noise codes and consult on space design, sound isolation, environmental/transportation noise, and building systems noise control.
-Provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
-Measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration on interior and exterior environments and verify acoustical compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, standards, and ANSI guidelines.
-Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients and prospects as needed.
-Write technical reports and explain technical concepts to clients, lead seminars and presentations to prospects and clients, and publish technical papers on acoustical topics.
-Provide internal marketing support for blogs, proposals, and budgets.
-Supervise and manage acoustical consultants and other support staff as needed.
-Manage projects, client expectations, and deadlines.
-Read industry periodicals and attend necessary training to stay current on industry trends and standards and maintain certifications and licenses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
-Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
-Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
-Expertise with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
-Expert witness and land use application process experience are highly desirable.
-Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
-Aware of sustainable design principles - preferably LEED AP certification.
-Proficient in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, TRANE Acoustics Program (TAP), CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
-Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
-Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD's needs change.
-Ability to travel as needed.
-Availability to relocate to our office in Portland, Oregon.
-Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
-Eight to ten years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation - licensed as a Professional Engineer or INCE Board Certification.
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc.
321 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1208
Wilson Ihrig, now in its 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Wilson Ihrig is always open to speaking with qualified Senior Consultant and Principal-level applicants.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to grow the business by maintaining existing clients and acquiring new clients.
- Manage organization functions assigned to the office including staff administration; project administration; quality assurance; and business development.
- Manage and lead projects.
- Supervise and develop staff both professionally and technically.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses.
- Prepare technical reports in clear, concise English.
- Direct and participate in field work.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration.
- Possess a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in acoustical engineering.
- Vibration expertise and transportation project experience are highly desirable.
- Significant experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction modeling software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages are highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Business development experience, as this is a key aspect of this position.
- Represent the firm at industry events, conferences, and client meetings.
- Excellent verbal/presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong client management skills.
- Ability to think clearly and work under pressure.
- Must demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself, along with your resume.
Also include our Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form. Both can be found on our website: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/ and send all in PDF format to: email@example.com
or mail to:
6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191
D. L. Adams Associates is seeking an acoustical consultant/engineer for an entry or mid-level position in the firm’s Denver, Colorado office. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field is required and an engineering or science degree is preferred. The consultant will be an active member of our technical staff and will work under the direction of the firm’s Principal Consultants. We can promise you a team-oriented working environment that challenges your gray matter and makes you crave more.
Responsibilities will include conducting field measurements (sound transmission loss, impact noise insulation, reverberation time, environmental noise, etc.), conducting acoustical analyses and developing recommendations for room acoustics, airborne and structure-borne sound insulation, and performing HVAC system noise and vibration control engineering. The consultant will also be responsible for preparing design documents, writing reports, participating in design team meetings, coordinating with other design team members concerning acoustical design details, and developing acoustical criteria for different types of facilities. A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and acoustical modeling software such as EASE, Cadna-A, AIM, Insul, and Dynasonics, is a definite plus. Experience with sound and vibration measuring equipment is essential.
Excellent verbal and writing skills are required and people skills must be top notch. Direct contact and coordination with clients is crucial for this position and professionalism is expected in all in-person, phone, and email communication.
Participation in professional organizations, such as the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), the Institute for Noise Control Engineering (INCE), the Audio Engineering Society (AES), etc. is encouraged and supported. DLAA consultants are expected to attend the meetings and conferences of these organizations and to remain at the forefront of the acoustical practice and technology. Some project related travel can be expected. Salaries and benefits are competitive.
Email your resume together with a letter of interest explaining why you believe you are best qualified for this position.
D.L. Adams Associates
1536 Ogden Street
Denver, CO 80218
When responding, reference ad number 1204
SENIOR ACOUSTICAL CONSULTANT/ENGINEER:
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Senior Consultant in our Denver, Colorado office. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of engineering or science is required with 8 to 10 years of experience in architectural acoustics, mechanical system noise and vibration control, and environmental noise. Preference will be given to individuals who are registered Professional Engineers (PE) in the state of Colorado or are eligible to become registered PE’s in Colorado.
He or she will be responsible for the management of projects, review of design documents, writing and editing reports, leading project design teams, coordinating with other design team members concerning design details, developing acoustical criteria for different types of facilities, and preparing proposals for new work.
One important aspect of this position will be leading and directing our Technical Staff. Direct contact and communication with clients are important aspects of the job. Excellent verbal and writing skills are necessary and the individual’s people skills must be exceptional. Some travel can be expected, as we work nationally and internationally. The salary will be competitive and our employee benefits are exceptional. Ownership in the firm is a possibility.
Send your resume together with a letter of interest explaining why you are best qualified for this position.
D.L. Adams Associates
1536 Ogden Street
Denver, CO 80218
When responding, reference ad number 1203