POSITION: Principal – Field Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the Field Services Discipline
RESPONSIBLE TO: Albert Maniscalco, Partner
Cerami & Associates is excited to expand their Field Services department, which is focused on field related work that involves short duration trouble shooting projects, noise & vibration monitoring, and field support for internal clients. We are looking for an experienced individual who is well versed in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry and enjoys problem solving. This position will be responsible for managing the people and resources of the group, oversee the development of new technologies and methodologies as the department grows, managing group profitability goals, managing team performance with metrics, staffing, and ensure all quality controls/assurance measures are taken on all projects.
Manage the people, resources and workflow of a group
Provide technical and logistical leadership from marketing to final testing of project.
Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
Responsibility for the financial success of projects.
Ensures the company goals are achieved.
Ability to further develop expertise and create new operational processes.
Responsible for staff development- creating development plans for each employee which aligns with the firm’s goals.
Responsible for technical education and training of junior staff
Responsible for staff retention and recruitment.
Responsible for mentorship and outside program development.
Maintain client relationships and penetrate existing clients.
Evaluate and approve RFPs and proposals.
Assist in marketing and business development processes
Financial Management & Administration
Establish and maintain project and/or group profitability goals.
Oversee project billing, approve project costs and fees.
Determine and oversee staff performance and development standards, responsible for team productivity and morale.
Determine staffing requirements, interview and approve additions to staff.
Resolve employment issues to support positive work climate and minimize legal risk.
Responsible for outstanding invoices. Document all client contacts. Work with accounting to create documentation for additional services and outstanding invoices.
Maintain technical and process manuals and provide technical input to Cerami database.
Education & Experience
• At least 10 years in the Architecture, Construction & Engineering industry.
• Bachelor of Science degree and/or experience in one or more of the following – acoustical, mechanical or architectural engineering involving noise and vibration analysis
• Must be proficient with sound and vibration measurement equipment including sound pressure level meters (preferably Bruel & Kjaer or NTi), multichannel analyzers (preferably National Instruments), FFT analysis, dynamic signal analysis, etc.
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Matlab and Labview, and other analysis software is helpful.
• Must have a working knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing devices commonly found in building construction.
Cerami & Associates, Inc.
404 Fifth Ave., 8th Floor
New York, NY 10018
When responding, reference ad number 1180
Work at Jaffe Holden
We want to hire a Senior Architectural Acoustic Consultant who is skilled in client relations and experienced in the design and specification of a variety of acoustic solutions. This person will work full time in our Norwalk, CT office and join our team of passionate acoustic, audio/video and IT infrastructure consultants. Attention to detail and great communication skills are required. If you are a team player and passionate about designing aural solutions for complex projects, we want to hear from you! The position can be in Norwalk, Connecticut or Houston, Texas.
Our ideal candidate will have a college degree and at least six years of experience as an acoustic designer working in a consulting firm. The ideal candidate has the following:
• Experience working on and managing projects related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control
• Experience with various acoustics measurements
• Experience with acoustic modeling software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, and the Microsoft Office Suite
When you work at Jaffe Holden, you work with and learn from the very best in the industry. We encourage employees to develop a work-life balance and proudly offer benefits including a collaborative working environment, flex time, company-paid life insurance, company-paid health insurance that includes all premiums for employees, spouse and family, a company-funded health reimbursement account to cover out of pocket medical expenses, company-paid long and short term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company contribution of three percent of an employee’s salary, company-paid dental care up to $1000 annually, flexible spending plan, and a great compensation package. Jaffe Holden is an equal opportunity employer. Great Place to Work awarded Jaffe Holden a "Great Rated" review!
Jaffe Holden is a full service acoustic, audio/video, and IT infrastructure consulting firm with a desire to exceed client, end-user and employee expectations. The firm provides consulting services for facilities of all types including academic learning environments, performing arts centers, houses of worship, museums, auditoriums, residential and corporate facilities, and convention centers. Since 1968, we have provided clients with the technical services and project management expertise that is essential to the successful completion of world-class projects.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter including salary expectation to:
Paige Williams, Director of Marketing
Jaffe Holden Acoustics
114A Washington St
Norwalk, CT 06854
When responding, reference ad number 1156
With offices in San Francisco and San Jose, California, Salter Associates is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultant), as well as for people with about five years of experience in the acoustics field, preferably at a consulting firm (senior consultant).
We consult on a variety of buildings, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services include sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants to address issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. These positions require attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD experience a plus
For the senior consultant position, additional qualifications include:
• About five years working in the acoustics field
• Experience interacting with clients, including business development
• Professional Engineering license a plus
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1179
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's Seattle office is looking for an Acoustician to join their growing team. The Acoustician applies acoustical design skills to produce deliverables that meet project requirements and exceed client expectations.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
Please apply online at: https://jobs-stantec.icims.com/jobs/26282/acoustician/job.
Scantec Consulting Inc.
When responding, reference ad number 1176
OCTOBER 25, 2016
Waveguide Consulting Inc. is an independent consulting and design firm working with clients in a wide range of commercial and institutional markets to develop critical communication environments. Our expertise includes acoustics, audiovisual, voice and data communications infrastructure, and smart building controls. Our focus is on creating communication environments that drive the success of our clients’ organizations.
Our Chicago office is currently seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening as an acoustician to provide project management, acoustical analysis and design support for projects across a broad range of market segments including corporate, institutional, civic, education and government.
• Project management, including participating in project design team meetings.
• Developing acoustical criteria, acoustical analysis and modeling for different project types.
• Preparing acoustical recommendations.
• Writing reports and specifications.
• Coordinating with other design team members with regard to project specific acoustical issues.
• A four-year college degree in engineering, architecture or physics, and five to seven years of professional consulting experience as an acoustical consultant in architectural acoustics.
• Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, and building systems noise and vibration control is required.
• Ability to produce project-related drawings and documentation to convey acoustic recommendations.
• Extensive knowledge of HVAC noise prediction software.
• Extensive knowledge of current acoustic standards, building codes and practices.
• In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and construction processes.
• Ability to apply sustainable design practices to projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to write and convey technical information in written reports in a clear, concise manner; ability to present clear and concise recommendations during consultant coordination meetings.
• Ability to work independently and proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
• Architectural room acoustics analysis and design specific to educational facilities, commercial office buildings, libraries, and music/performing arts facilities.
• Building systems noise and vibration control analysis and design.
• LEED analysis, documentation and calculations.
• Project management.
• Sound level measurements including environmental, background noise level, reverberation time and sound isolation measurements.
Waveguide Consulting—an independent technology consulting firm headquartered in Atlanta, with offices in Raleigh, Tampa, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles—is a national leader in the $90 billion AV industry. Waveguide provides comprehensive technology consulting services, including audiovisual, acoustical, structured cabling, as well control systems programming and ongoing technology management services in the higher education, corporate office, government and civic, judicial and legal, house of worship, historical preservation, and performing arts markets. Waveguide is a leader in promoting sustainable practices in the technology industry and advancing green AV in the A/E/C industries. Please visit www.waveguide.com to learn more.
6060 Center Drive, Suite 870
Los Angeles, CA 90045
When responding, reference ad number 1174