Acoustician - Building Acoustics
The Greenbusch Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting firm located in the Interbay
neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Acoustical Department is seeking a dynamic and energetic
individual to fill the position of Acoustician to support a wide variety of interesting projects.
The Greenbusch Acoustical Department provides the following services:
• Environmental noise and vibration (industrial, construction, etc.).
• HVAC noise and vibration (building systems, noise code compliance, etc.).
• Building acoustics (sound isolation, reverberation control, etc.).
• Test and measurement (environmental noise, building acoustics, vibration, etc.).
At a minimum, the Acoustician would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
• Review building plans and analyze acoustical characteristics such as reverberation, sound isolation,
HVAC system noise and vibration, structure borne sound transfer, etc.
• Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria and coordinate with the design team.
• Develop design narratives and coordination memoranda, as required, to support the design process.
• Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments on an as-needed basis.
• 3-5 years of experience as a consulting acoustician.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field. A bachelor’s degree
in Acoustics can be included in the experience requirement above.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for
quality customer service.
• Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet
• Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
• Electronic submission of a resume and transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
When responding, reference ad number 1235
At Arup We're dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the 2nd Avenue Subway. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 16,000-person strong team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants regularly come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time and space to be creative. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We'd like to find those rare individuals who are as curious and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
We're looking for an Acoustic Consultant to join our Washington, DC team. You'd be part of a growing team working on projects that are both local and across the region. In this role, responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinate with multiple disciplines and working with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
• Technical and design input on a broad range of projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected standard
• Prepare project reports and presentation for internal and external purposes based on findings summarizing essential issues and strategically advising on best outcomes
• Present technical material in traditional and creative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Understand trends and best practices in the acoustics industry
• Contribute to the development and implementation of plans for the longer-term benefit of the team and office
• Participating in local Professional Associations
The Qualified Professional will have:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, in acoustics or related engineering/physics/architectural degree Knowledge and experience in acoustics/audio visual consulting
• 2 or more years of experience working in a similar consulting environment
• Ability to undertake high-level analysis, including advanced mathematics
• Keen sense of maintaining high standards, creative in developing solutions
• Can develop empathy of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
• Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
• Structured and logical thinker, with the ability to change between different levels of analysis as appropriate.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.
When responding, reference ad number 1234
With offices in San Francisco and San Jose, California, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultants).
We consult on a variety of buildings, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services include sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants to address issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect sound data.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc.
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1212
Wave Engineering is an independent consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration. Our clients include architects, contractors, engineers, corporations, school districts, developers, governments, institutions, and individuals. Wave Engineering is committed to finding practical solutions and ensuring that our clients get the most “bang for the buck”.
Located in beautiful Littleton, Colorado, our office is minutes from a vibrant local downtown with Light Rail access to Denver. Recreational opportunities abound, including all that the Rocky Mountains has to offer. Home to an award winning school district, Littleton is an ideal place to raise a family.
Wave Engineering is soliciting for two positions for talented individuals to help us continue to grow. We are working on a wide range of projects related to architectural acoustics, environmental noise and vibration. We want someone who is prepared to work collaboratively and offer practical solutions to a variety of problems. In addition to technical capability, we place a premium on creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and the ability to solve unique problems. Effective communication is key, both with graphics and clear and concise English. Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects are a must.
Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering or science - Acoustics, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Direct experience in consulting is preferred.
Jr. Acoustical Consultant: (0 – 5 years experience) Internship or equivalent experience highly desirable
Acoustical Consultant: (5 – 10 years experience minimum)
• Acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements. These can require work outside of normal working hours and can require overnight travel, sometimes to other parts of the country. Field work can result in long days and can require climbing ladders, walking long distances over rough terrain, navigating obstacles and carrying equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with ANSI, ASTM and ISO acoustic standards.
• Review of architectural/mechanical/structural/civil drawings for use in acoustic work.
• HVAC and mechanical noise calculations.
• Develop architectural acoustics reports, drawings, details and specifications.
• Analyze acoustic solutions using computer modeling software, including CadnaA and INSUL.
• Observe on-site construction to review the implementation of acoustical solutions.
• Marketing functions, including generating content for social media, blog posts, newsletters, etc.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter addressing how your skills and experience address the needs of the position. Ability to write effectively is an absolutely critical skill for the successful candidates. Must be able to demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the US and a valid driver’s license.
1100 W Littleton Blvd., #420
Littleton, CO 80120
When responding, reference ad number 1233
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd has provided acoustics, media systems, noise control, and theater consulting services to design professionals, building owners, and facility users since 1992. We advise, design, and provide expert analysis to create special places for culture, education, entertainment, living, work, and worship. We are looking for an enthusiastic CAD Technician who wants to further his/her personal and professional goals while helping to grow our business.
1-3 Years of experience
Provide technical design and drafting support for acoustic, audio-visual, and theater systems projects using AutoCAD and REVIT software. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Draft audio-visual, theater, and acoustic details and drawings in AutoCAD and REVIT software;
• Work with AutoCAD and REVIT software to develop project templates, custom families, and blocks;
• Coordinate architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical plans and models with the audio-visual and
theater systems drawings and models;
• Provide AutoCAD and REVIT software technical support to staff;
• Provide drafting support to staff producing PDFs and making prints.
Opportunities for Professional Development
• Learn about audio-visual and theater systems by attending manufacturer training classes;
• Learn how to design basic audio-visual systems;
• Learn how to use acoustic simulation software for modeling sound systems;
• Learn about acoustics and assist with acoustic measurements.
• Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer-Aided Design with a focus on Architecture and
• 1-3 years of experience using Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit in the architecture and engineering industry;
• Demonstrated ability to create and edit templates, dynamic blocks, and custom families in Autodesk AutoCAD
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, submittals, specifications, and details;
• Must be detail-oriented and take ownership of projects;
• Ability to effectively plan and organize the work process, to include digital asset management;
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively to meet deadlines, and take direction;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work well with others;
• Demonstrates a willingness to continue education and grow professionally and personally.
• Experience with SketchUp;
• Knowledge of general building design and construction practices;
• Experience in the audio-visual industry;
• Technical theater or film/television production background;
• Interest or experience in the performing arts (music, drama, etc.).
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd provides competitive salaries based on applicant’s qualifications. Benefits for full-time staff include paid holidays and time off, 401K profit sharing, paid health insurance, and professional development.
Interested applicants should send a resume outlining their education and work experience along with a cover letter describing their unique qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a smoke-free workplace. Due to the nature of some of our work, we require US citizenship or legal alien immigration status.
Neil Thompson Shade
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd
7509 Lhirondelle Club Road
Ruxton, MD 21204
410 821 5930
When responding, reference ad number 1231