With offices in San Francisco and San Jose, California, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultants).
We consult on a variety of buildings, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services include sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants to address issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect sound data.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc.
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1212
Wave Engineering is an independent consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration. Our clients include architects, contractors, engineers, corporations, school districts, developers, governments, institutions, and individuals. Wave Engineering is committed to finding practical solutions and ensuring that our clients get the most “bang for the buck”.
Located in beautiful Littleton, Colorado, our office is minutes from a vibrant local downtown with Light Rail access to Denver. Recreational opportunities abound, including all that the Rocky Mountains has to offer. Home to an award winning school district, Littleton is an ideal place to raise a family.
Wave Engineering is soliciting for two positions for talented individuals to help us continue to grow. We are working on a wide range of projects related to architectural acoustics, environmental noise and vibration. We want someone who is prepared to work collaboratively and offer practical solutions to a variety of problems. In addition to technical capability, we place a premium on creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and the ability to solve unique problems. Effective communication is key, both with graphics and clear and concise English. Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects are a must.
Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering or science - Acoustics, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Direct experience in consulting is preferred.
Jr. Acoustical Consultant: (0 – 5 years experience) Internship or equivalent experience highly desirable
Acoustical Consultant: (5 – 10 years experience minimum)
• Acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements. These can require work outside of normal working hours and can require overnight travel, sometimes to other parts of the country. Field work can result in long days and can require climbing ladders, walking long distances over rough terrain, navigating obstacles and carrying equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with ANSI, ASTM and ISO acoustic standards.
• Review of architectural/mechanical/structural/civil drawings for use in acoustic work.
• HVAC and mechanical noise calculations.
• Develop architectural acoustics reports, drawings, details and specifications.
• Analyze acoustic solutions using computer modeling software, including CadnaA and INSUL.
• Observe on-site construction to review the implementation of acoustical solutions.
• Marketing functions, including generating content for social media, blog posts, newsletters, etc.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter addressing how your skills and experience address the needs of the position. Ability to write effectively is an absolutely critical skill for the successful candidates. Must be able to demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the US and a valid driver’s license.
1100 W Littleton Blvd., #420
Littleton, CO 80120
When responding, reference ad number 1233
Phoenix Noise & Vibration LLC is an Acoustical Engineering Firm located in Frederick, Maryland founded in October 2004 by a group of professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience in all aspects of noise and vibration control in the building industry. Our goal is to be the first choice for noise and vibration control services in the mid-Atlantic region.
The PNV environment will appeal to the independent, self-directed individual interested in being a part of a small but growing company. Working directly with the existing engineering staff will provide a unique opportunity for individual development in many aspects of acoustical engineering. With a client base predominantly in the DC area, there will be exposure and experience to a larger metropolitan work environment. Located an hour from both Washington, DC and Baltimore in beautiful historic Frederick Maryland, Phoenix Noise & Vibration LLC offers competitive wages and benefits for this full time position.
Associate Acoustical Engineer - (0-3 yrs.)
The Associate Acoustical Engineer will:
• Conduct a variety of field measurements in outdoor & indoor environments.
• Perform data reduction and analysis.
• Create noise mitigation designs using computer modeling and traditional techniques.
• Write reports documenting the measurement and mitigation procedures.
• Develop drawings, details and exhibits using AutoCAD software.
• Develop 3-D computer models.
• BS Degree: Acoustical, Architectural, Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or Physics
• Related study areas: Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control
• Experience in AutoCAD, MSOffice, Adobe Acrobat
• Related study areas: HVAC noise analysis, Building Acoustics (room separation analysis), Transportation Noise Analysis, Vibration, Finite Element Analysis
• Experience in: CadnaA, Sound Plan, EASE, AIM, TRANE, INSUL and/or FHWA: Traffic Noise Model
• Construction experience
• Ability to interpret architectural and MEP drawing sets.
Phoenix Noise & Vibration
5216 Chairmans Court
Frederick, , Maryland 21703
When responding, reference ad number 1232
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd has provided acoustics, media systems, noise control, and theater consulting services to design professionals, building owners, and facility users since 1992. We advise, design, and provide expert analysis to create special places for culture, education, entertainment, living, work, and worship. We are looking for an enthusiastic CAD Technician who wants to further his/her personal and professional goals while helping to grow our business.
1-3 Years of experience
Provide technical design and drafting support for acoustic, audio-visual, and theater systems projects using AutoCAD and REVIT software. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Draft audio-visual, theater, and acoustic details and drawings in AutoCAD and REVIT software;
• Work with AutoCAD and REVIT software to develop project templates, custom families, and blocks;
• Coordinate architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical plans and models with the audio-visual and
theater systems drawings and models;
• Provide AutoCAD and REVIT software technical support to staff;
• Provide drafting support to staff producing PDFs and making prints.
Opportunities for Professional Development
• Learn about audio-visual and theater systems by attending manufacturer training classes;
• Learn how to design basic audio-visual systems;
• Learn how to use acoustic simulation software for modeling sound systems;
• Learn about acoustics and assist with acoustic measurements.
• Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer-Aided Design with a focus on Architecture and
• 1-3 years of experience using Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit in the architecture and engineering industry;
• Demonstrated ability to create and edit templates, dynamic blocks, and custom families in Autodesk AutoCAD
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, submittals, specifications, and details;
• Must be detail-oriented and take ownership of projects;
• Ability to effectively plan and organize the work process, to include digital asset management;
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively to meet deadlines, and take direction;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work well with others;
• Demonstrates a willingness to continue education and grow professionally and personally.
• Experience with SketchUp;
• Knowledge of general building design and construction practices;
• Experience in the audio-visual industry;
• Technical theater or film/television production background;
• Interest or experience in the performing arts (music, drama, etc.).
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd provides competitive salaries based on applicant’s qualifications. Benefits for full-time staff include paid holidays and time off, 401K profit sharing, paid health insurance, and professional development.
Interested applicants should send a resume outlining their education and work experience along with a cover letter describing their unique qualifications to email@example.com. Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a smoke-free workplace. Due to the nature of some of our work, we require US citizenship or legal alien immigration status.
Neil Thompson Shade
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd
7509 Lhirondelle Club Road
Ruxton, MD 21204
410 821 5930
When responding, reference ad number 1231
As a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer at ABD Engineering & Design, you’ll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will design and engineer acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise. You’ll work with a team of professional engineers solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, workplace, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your cover letter and resume to Marci Boks, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
For more information, visit https://www.abdengineering.com/about-us/contact-us/employment-opportunities/
• Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
• Eight to ten years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Expertise with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
• Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
• Aware of sustainable design principles – preferably LEED AP certification.
• Proficient in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM by Pottorf, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
• Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
• Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer or INCE Board Certified is highly desirable.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Availability to relocate to our office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc.
When responding, reference ad number 1229