Eilar Associates, Inc., an acoustical and environmental consulting firm located in Escondido, San Diego County, CA, is reviewing resumes to fill an immediate vacancy for a Senior Environmental Acoustical Consultant.
Key responsibilities include acoustical consulting, project management, supervision and mentorship of assigned staff, and assistance with business development.
A minimum of three years acoustical consulting work experience, high professional standards, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Acoustics, or other acoustics-related field of study
• Minimum of three years of work experience in Acoustics and/or Noise Control
• Practical knowledge and experience with architectural, environmental, engineered acoustics, and vibration issues as related to commercial, educational, healthcare, infrastructure and residential projects
• Experience working with architects, engineers, developers, and contractors
• Experience with building codes, acoustical standards, and engineering aspects of acoustics
• Proficiency or strong familiarity with modeling tools, such as, INSUL, Cadna/A, and Traffic Noise Model (TNM version 2.5)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to produce and review project documents, including technical reports, drawings, and acoustical specifications
• Demonstrated experience and comfort speaking in public and delivering presentations
• Manage and mentor assigned staff in performance of their acoustic related duties
• Ensure that site visits and testing are performed per approved company protocols
• Prepare and edit final reports for clarity and accuracy
• Coordinate with teams, architects, contractors, and manufacturers to develop practical design solutions and alternatives for clients
• Research and review regulatory issues regarding local, state, and national codes
• Contribute to projects during schematic design (SD), design development (DD), and construction document (CD) phases
• Prepare bid proposals and project cost estimates
• Manage job budgets and review invoices
• Conduct, develop, and/or direct site testing, with sound measurement instrumentation
• Use computer modeling and results to develop design options and solve project challenges
• Prepare letter reports, technical documents, graphics, and acoustical specifications
• Develop marketing tools and approaches to win new projects and clients
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, sick and vacation time accrual, paid holidays, and 401(k) Retirement.
Eilar is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Forward your resume, letter of interest and supporting information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eilar Associates, Inc.
When responding, reference ad number 1217
ATS Consulting is an innovative small company working to improve the performance of transit systems. We help communities by minimizing the negative impacts of noise and vibration associated with railways and highways. The field of transportation acoustics continues to grow as major cities turn towards public transit to address the transportation challenges of the modern world. ATS offers the possibility of working alongside motivated and intellectually curious coworkers while receiving direct mentorship from our senior staff. ATS gives entry-level staff the unique opportunity and responsibility of leading projects and having direct contact with clients. Working on a project from beginning to end, we learn and refine a broad set of skills while looking for the answers to challenging new questions.
Current projects include several new and existing rail transit systems, developing procedures to use noise to prioritize track maintenance efforts, addressing issues from highway noise, and conducting research related to sound and vibration from roadway, rail, and aviation sources. We conduct field testing, use numerical methods including finite elements, and use applied math and physics to help answer our clients’ questions and find solutions that work for them. We are looking for forward thinking individuals who are interested in learning new technical areas, will enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems for our clients, and want to challenge and expand the state-of-the-art of our industry.
We work internationally in the field of noise and vibration for rail transportation systems and have a strong foothold in North America where our work includes all areas of surface transportation. We have projects in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Montreal, Toronto, and Chicago, as well as many other major North American cities.
Desired Qualifications and Interests
• A BS or BA in acoustics, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, or related field. Advanced degrees are highly desirable.
• Interest in working as a consultant as a key member of a team of co-workers. Tasks required by current ATS Consulting projects include detailed noise and vibration testing of prototype and in-service rail transit vehicles, identifying noise sources at a large freight rail classification yard, design of noise and vibration mitigation measures for new rail transit systems, and noise analysis for updates to a major freeway interchange.
• Interest in the fields of transportation, acoustics, vibration, rail transit and railroads, field work, and computer analysis and modeling.
• Excellent skills in communications and qualitative evaluations. The position requires both verbal and written communication with non-technical and technical clients.
• Ability to represent ATS Consulting at meetings with clients and at professional society meetings.
• Computer savvy with substantial experience using MATLAB, Excel, and Word. Experience with other computer tools (e.g. MySql data bases, ArcGIS, LabVIEW, Optram, and finite element method software) is desired but not required.
• Experience with data science and programming is a plus.
• Availability to travel to meet with clients and perform field tests (expected travel time ~10%).
• Brings enthusiasm and excitement at becoming part of a small innovative company.
• Legally authorized to work in the US.
Benefits and Perks
• Direct involvement as a key member of projects soon after starting at ATS.
• Paid sick and personal time.
• Nine holidays per year (eight fixed, one floating).
• Health insurance.
• Simple IRA plan.
• Opportunities to attend and present at peer conferences and seminars.
• Flexible schedules.
• Possibility to travel to major cities around the United States and Canada.
ATS Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We pay competitive rates commensurate with education and experience.
215 North Marengo Avenue, Suite 100
Pasadena, CA 91101
When responding, reference ad number 1216
With offices in San Francisco and San Jose, California, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultants).
We consult on a variety of buildings, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services include sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants to address issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect sound data.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc.
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1212
CENSEO AV+Acoustics | Staff Engineer
CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and Audio/Visual (AV) design consulting firm corporate headquarters in Kailua, Hawaii and offices in Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington. At CENSEO, we are constantly working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art infrastructure by offering industry leading AV design and acoustical consulting services. Due to an influx of new projects in Hawaii, we are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Staff Engineer at our Kailua corporate office headquarters.
This position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of infrastructure including performing arts centers, municipal and residential buildings, resorts, and facilities for education, healthcare, military, and more. This position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final building checkout. Depending on the project, primary responsibilities include developing Audio/Visual systems design, assessing HVAC vibration and noise levels, and evaluating natural room acoustics. Job includes some environmental noise studies, construction site visits, and acoustical data analysis. The ability to communicate design concepts and test results through written reports and verbal presentations is essential.
• AV System Design
• Design and evaluate room acoustics
• Perform field testing: STC, IIC, vibration
• Analyze sound level data
• Prepare professional reports and communicate directly with clients
• Conduct calculations involving environmental sound levels and reverberation time
• Develop design drawings, & system specifications using 2-D and 3-D computer aided design software
• Participate in marketing and business growth efforts
• Uphold CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
• Personal dedication to enhancing the CENSEO team
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a Master’s degree in either field is an asset
• Some experience in the fields of AV and/or acoustical design
• Passion for AV and acoustics, applied to building & construction
• Detail oriented, comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, noise & vibration control
• Understanding of acoustic standards and measurements
• Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, CadnaA & other modeling software
• Project Management experience and implementation of design concepts
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, esp. Word and Excel
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types with local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, and innovative marketing efforts. We remain involved in professional organizations. We aim for work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and many other desirable benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Qualified applicants, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Jaime Clark, Marketing Director
155 Hamakua Dr., Ste. C
Kailua, HI 96734
When responding, reference ad number 1211