Acoustic Distinctions has an immediate opening for an Acoustic Consultant. The position may be located at either our midtown New York City location, or in our Stamford, Connecticut, office, as best suits the candidate.
The successful candidate will have experience in acoustics consulting, including room acoustic design, sound isolation, mechanical noise control, and environmental acoustics. She or he will also possess skills and knowledge in programming, evaluation, design, documentation, construction administration, commissioning, and project management.
Background should include a professional degree in acoustics, architecture, mechanical engineering or other related degree program, and a minimum of three years experience in a consulting or related capacity. Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Preference will be given to applicants who have skill in CATT Acoustics or other acoustic modeling software, and REVIT or other 3D BIM and drafting software.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas through writing, drawing, and speaking. The position involves regular interaction with architects, engineers, and other members of the design team; as well as owners, operators, contractors, and prospective clients.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Compensation will include a full benefits package with health insurance, 401K, medical, life insurance, and liberal vacation policy. Other benefits include Adjusted Work Schedule option, commutation allowance, and generous continuing education allowance. Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Acoustic Distinctions, founded in 1991, provides acoustics and performance technology consulting services from offices in New York City, Stamford, CT, Lancaster, PA, and Los Angeles, CA. We serve projects nationally and worldwide in performing arts, entertainment, sports, worship, broadcast and audio, video and film production. More information about the firm is available at our website, www.acousticdistinctions.com.
60 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10165
When responding, reference ad number 1223
Wilson Ihrig, now in our 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Our projects cover a wide array of projects including architectural, transportation (especially rail transit), environmental, construction, structural vibration, and even whole-building vibration isolation.
We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant and Associate positions in our San Francisco Bay Area (HQ) and Seattle (regional) offices. Education and experience should commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years and 3 to 6 years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects including engineers, architects, planners, attorneys, and individuals with community noise and vibration issues. We highly value accurate empirical data, and you may make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. At the same time, you will be taught a wide range of acoustical calculations procedures. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
• Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
• Field work can require operating in active construction sites, climbing ladders, walking to remote off-road locations with test equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
• Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
• Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or even Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
• Knowledge of basic acoustical relations and equations a plus
• Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment a plus
• Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA),
CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable
• Familiarity with vibration concepts and measurement a plus
• Must demonstrate, at hire, proof of permission to work permanently in the United States
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume. You must also submit an Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form (found here: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/) all in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Wilson Ihrig, Attn: Careers, 6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400, Emeryville, CA 94608
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 21, 2018
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191
AKRF, Inc. is seeking to add an acoustical consultant to its New York City acoustics, noise and vibration group. Applicants should have minimum 5 years experience and be self-motivated, innovative, highly driven, and have the desire work on a wide range of acoustics, noise and vibration projects related to environmental sources (e.g., transportation, industry, energy, infrastructure, etc.); construction; architectural, structural, and MEP systems review; and interior design. Responsibilities would be project management, acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements, acoustical computer modeling (TNM, FTA, CadnaA, INSUL, EASE), reviewing architectural/MEP/structural drawings, HVAC ductwork and equipment noise calculations, vibration isolation recommendations, engineering calculations, and recommending practical design solutions. Additional experience with Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements, the CEQR Technical Manual, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development noise standards, and Noise (E) designations with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation would be beneficial.
Applicant should have a degree in one or more of the following: acoustical engineering, physics, mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering, and/or noise and vibration. In addition, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, well organized/detail oriented, project management and client relationship skills are keys to success in this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
440 Park Avenue South, AKRF - 7th Floor
New York, New York 10016
When responding, reference ad number 1222
CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and Audio/Visual (AV) design consulting firm established in 2012. Office headquarters are located in Kailua, Hawaii with satellite offices in Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington. At CENSEO, we are continually working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art infrastructure by offering industry-leading AV design and acoustical consulting services. Due to an influx of new projects in the western region, we are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Project Engineer.
This position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of infrastructure including municipal and residential buildings, resorts, educational facilities, healthcare, military, performing arts centers, and more. The position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final systems checkout. Depending on the specific project, primary responsibilities include developing AV systems design, assessing HVAC vibration and noise levels, and evaluating natural room acoustics. The job includes some environmental noise studies, construction site visits, and acoustical data analysis. The ability to communicate design concepts and test results through written reports and verbal presentations is essential.
• AV System Design
• Design and evaluate room acoustics
• Perform field testing: STC, IIC, vibration
• Analyze sound level data
• Familiarity with the A/E/C design stages
• Prepare professional reports and communicate directly with clients
• Conduct calculations involving environmental sound levels and reverberation time
• Develop design drawings, & system specifications using 2-D and 3-D computer aided design software (AutoCAD & Revit)
• Audio-related modeling using EASE software
• Participate in marketing and business growth efforts
• Availability to travel for occasional site visits
• Uphold CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
• Personal dedication to enhancing the CENSEO team
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in AV and/or Acoustical Design
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a Master’s degree in either field is an asset
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, CadnaA & other modeling software
• Passion for AV and acoustics, as applied to building & construction
• Detail oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, noise & vibration control
• Understanding of acoustic standards and measurements
• Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
• Project Management experience and implementation of design concepts
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types with local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, marketing campaigns, and Pacific Business News Fastest 50. We remain involved in professional organizations and promote a positive work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and many other desirable benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Qualified applicants only please.
1100 W Colorado Blvd. Ste. 410-C
Littleton, CO 80120
When responding, reference ad number 1221
D. L. Adams Associates, Ltd. is seeking a senior acoustical engineer to fill the position of Senior Consultant in our Kailua, Hawaii office. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of engineering or science with 5+ years of experience in architectural acoustics and environmental noise is required.
Working under the direction of the Principal Consultants, A Senior Consultant conducts field measurements and develops recommendations for room acoustics, airborne and structure-borne sound insulation, and HVAC system noise and vibration control engineering. The Senior Consultant will serve as Project Manager for many of the firm’s projects and be responsible for preparing design documents, writing reports, participating in project design team meetings, coordinating with other design team members concerning acoustical design details, developing acoustical criteria for different types of facilities, and preparing proposals for new work. A working knowledge of acoustical modeling software such as EASE, Cadna-A, AIM, and TRANE is definite plus. Experience in the use of sound level instrumentation is essential. The ideal candidate will maintain client relationships and provide efficient design coordination with owners and other design professionals. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must and exceptional people skills are essential.
Some travel can be expected. Salaries are competitive, and our employee benefits are exceptional. The potential for substantial, performance-based bonuses is great.
Send your resume together with a letter of interest explaining why you should be hired for this position and specifying that you are applying for the position in Kailua, HI to David Adams at DenverJob@dlaa.com.
D.L. Adams Associates, Ltd.
When responding, reference ad number 1220