With offices in San Francisco and San Jose, California, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. is an acoustical consulting and low-voltage systems design firm (AV, telecom, security). We have full-time acoustical consulting positions for recent college graduates (consultants).
We consult on a variety of buildings, including multi-family residences, educational facilities, hospitals, performing arts facilities, and offices. Our services include sound isolation, room acoustics, HVAC system noise and vibration, environmental noise analyses, and vibration studies. We work with architects, building owners, and other consultants to address issues relating to sound and vibration in buildings.
These positions offer opportunities for self-starters to quickly contribute to the firm and work on a wide variety of projects. Job functions include:
• Analyzing project drawings, such as architectural, mechanical, and structural plans
• Developing recommendations for architects and other consultants
• Conducting measurements and analyzing data for environmental noise and vibration, HVAC noise, reverberation times, reflection patterns, and sound isolation
• Presenting technical information in clear language and graphics
We will train and provide direction, but also expect a high degree of independence. We are looking for people who can take on tasks and think critically about next steps. This position requires attention to detail, report writing, and interaction with clients. It also requires field visits to construction sites, use of ladders, and occasional late night or early morning outings to collect sound data.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture, or related field
• Ability to work independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with standard office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel)
• CAD and/or Revit experience a plus
Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc.
130 Sutter Street, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
When responding, reference ad number 1212
University of Florida School of Architecture
Tenure-Track Position in Architectural Acoustics and Design
The School of Architecture at the University of Florida invites applications for one tenure-track position in Architectural Acoustics at the rank of assistant or associate professor.
The graduate program in architectural acoustics at the University of Florida offers a course of study that leads to Master of Science and Ph.D. degrees. The focus of the program is to address the theories, research, teaching and practice of acoustics in architectural settings. Successful applicants for this positon will be instrumental in shaping the future direction of the architectural acoustics program and, therefore, must demonstrate a strong research agenda with a record of scholarly achievements and are expected to establish an internationally-recognized, externally funded research program, demonstrate their ability to be an enthusiastic, effective building technology and design studio teacher as well as be able to teach and conduct research on architectural acoustics in integration with other vital building performance subjects such as building structures and lighting within the greater context of architectural design integration. Responsibilities will include teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, advising M.S., M.Arch., and Ph.D. graduate students, curriculum development in the areas of technology and design, and service to the institution and the profession. The ability to inspire and engage students as well as attract students to study with you is expected.
The UF School of Architecture is known for a rigorous and coordinated curriculum and a strong design culture that includes substantial international opportunities and academic concentrations. The SoA program has more than five hundred students with twenty-four tenured/tenure-track faculty and offer the following degree programs: Bachelor of Design, Master of Architecture, Master of Science in Architectural Studies, as well as a Doctor of Philosophy. The School is one of five units in the College of Design, Construction and Planning’s active, interdisciplinary environment that seeks to contribute to the University’s goals for pre-eminence. Situated within the north Florida landscape of forests and springs, Gainesville is home to a vibrant intellectual community with diverse cultural and educational resources.
Required: Professional or post-professional graduate degree in architecture, and an articulated research agenda in the area of Architectural Acoustics.
Preferred: a Ph.D. and/or professional license are desirable; previous peer-reviewed scholarship and funded research, previous teaching experience in environmental technology, architectural acoustics and/or design studio, design studio teaching, and/or professional experience will also make up strong applications.
The selection process will be conducted in accord with the provisions of Florida’s “Government in the Sunshine” and Public Records laws. The University of Florida is ranked at #8 among public institutions with a strong commitment to equal opportunities and achieving diversity among its faculty. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Review of completed applications will begin January 7th, 2019 with the intention of filling the position prior to Fall Semester 2019. Interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.ufl.edu with the following materials: a detailed curriculum vitae, a 1-page statement of applicant’s teaching interest and vision, a 1-page statement of applicants research plans, a portfolio of creative, scholarly, professional and/or teaching work, full length copies of three example papers; copies of books or monographs; and at least three references with contact information. Inquiries may be sent to:
Nancy M. Clark
Chair, Faculty Search Committee -Architectural Acoustics University of Florida, School of Architecture
P.O. Box 115702, Gainesville, FL 32611-5702 Tel: 352-294-1471
Click here to learn more about the Architectural Acoustics Program at UF SoA https://dcp.ufl.edu/dcp/uploads/2018/10/UF-SoA-Architecture-Acoustics-Program-Description-10.25.18_3doc.pdf
Siebein Associates, Inc.
625 NW 60th Street Suite C
Gainesville, FL 32607
When responding, reference ad number 1226
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. For the past two years, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area. We are seeking talented professionals to join us as we grow.
Position Title: Acoustic and Vibration Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
• Performs field testing including SPL, reverberation time, STC, IIC, vibration.
• Consults with clients providing guidance and expertise in acoustical and vibration design.
• Manages acoustic and vibration projects.
• Coordinates with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Performs acoustic studies using off-the-shelf software as well as Metropolitan Acoustics’ licensed and proprietary software.
• Composes high-quality reports with recommendations.
• Works with the acoustics and vibration team to refine our tools and develop new ones.
• Participates in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• 0-20+ years of experience in acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Acoustics, Physics, or relevant engineering field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
• Experience with EASE, SketchUp, INSUL, and HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee-owned and conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia above Suburban Station, Metropolitan Acoustics offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, generous paid time off, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please email resume to email@example.com
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd,, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1225
Acoustic Distinctions has an immediate opening for an Acoustic Consultant. The position may be located at either our midtown New York City location, or in our Stamford, Connecticut, office, as best suits the candidate.
The successful candidate will have experience in acoustics consulting, including room acoustic design, sound isolation, mechanical noise control, and environmental acoustics. She or he will also possess skills and knowledge in programming, evaluation, design, documentation, construction administration, commissioning, and project management.
Background should include a professional degree in acoustics, architecture, mechanical engineering or other related degree program, and a minimum of three years experience in a consulting or related capacity. Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Preference will be given to applicants who have skill in CATT Acoustics or other acoustic modeling software, and REVIT or other 3D BIM and drafting software.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas through writing, drawing, and speaking. The position involves regular interaction with architects, engineers, and other members of the design team; as well as owners, operators, contractors, and prospective clients.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Compensation will include a full benefits package with health insurance, 401K, medical, life insurance, and liberal vacation policy. Other benefits include Adjusted Work Schedule option, commutation allowance, and generous continuing education allowance. Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acoustic Distinctions, founded in 1991, provides acoustics and performance technology consulting services from offices in New York City, Stamford, CT, Lancaster, PA, and Los Angeles, CA. We serve projects nationally and worldwide in performing arts, entertainment, sports, worship, broadcast and audio, video and film production. More information about the firm is available at our website, www.acousticdistinctions.com.
60 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10165
When responding, reference ad number 1223
Wilson Ihrig, now in our 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Our projects cover a wide array of projects including architectural, transportation (especially rail transit), environmental, construction, structural vibration, and even whole-building vibration isolation.
We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant and Associate positions in our San Francisco Bay Area (HQ) and Seattle (regional) offices. Education and experience should commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years and 3 to 6 years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects including engineers, architects, planners, attorneys, and individuals with community noise and vibration issues. We highly value accurate empirical data, and you may make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. At the same time, you will be taught a wide range of acoustical calculations procedures. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Your contributions will include, but will not be limited to:
• Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
• Field work can require operating in active construction sites, climbing ladders, walking to remote off-road locations with test equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
• Noise and vibration technical analyses and computer modeling
• Preparation and/or support of reports (writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or even Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration
• Knowledge of basic acoustical relations and equations a plus
• Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment a plus
• Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and ask questions a must
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA),
CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable
• Familiarity with vibration concepts and measurement a plus
• Must demonstrate, at hire, proof of permission to work permanently in the United States
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume. You must also submit an Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form (found here: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/) all in PDF format to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Wilson Ihrig, Attn: Careers, 6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400, Emeryville, CA 94608
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 21, 2018
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191