Eilar Associates, Inc., an acoustical and environmental consulting firm located in Escondido, San Diego County, CA, is currently reviewing resumes of qualified candidates for an entry level, full-time Staff Consultant to assist Acoustical Consultants on many projects doing a variety of tasks in the areas of Noise Modeling, Acoustic Measurements, and Reporting. Familiarity with building construction and reading architectural plans is preferred, education in acoustics and excellent communication and organizational skills are strongly desired. Knowledge of noise monitoring equipment as well as computer literacy in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel would better qualify the candidate. Room for growth with the company. Forward your resume, letter of interest and supporting information to: email@example.com.
Eilar Associates, Inc.
210 SOUTH JUNIPER ST STE 100
ESCONDIDO, CA 92025
When responding, reference ad number 1205
D. L. Adams Associates is seeking an acoustical consultant/engineer for an entry or mid-level position in the firm’s Denver, Colorado office. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field is required and an engineering or science degree is preferred. The consultant will be an active member of our technical staff and will work under the direction of the firm’s Principal Consultants. We can promise you a team-oriented working environment that challenges your gray matter and makes you crave more.
Responsibilities will include conducting field measurements (sound transmission loss, impact noise insulation, reverberation time, environmental noise, etc.), conducting acoustical analyses and developing recommendations for room acoustics, airborne and structure-borne sound insulation, and performing HVAC system noise and vibration control engineering. The consultant will also be responsible for preparing design documents, writing reports, participating in design team meetings, coordinating with other design team members concerning acoustical design details, and developing acoustical criteria for different types of facilities. A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and acoustical modeling software such as EASE, Cadna-A, AIM, Insul, and Dynasonics, is a definite plus. Experience with sound and vibration measuring equipment is essential.
Excellent verbal and writing skills are required and people skills must be top notch. Direct contact and coordination with clients is crucial for this position and professionalism is expected in all in-person, phone, and email communication.
Participation in professional organizations, such as the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), the Institute for Noise Control Engineering (INCE), the Audio Engineering Society (AES), etc. is encouraged and supported. DLAA consultants are expected to attend the meetings and conferences of these organizations and to remain at the forefront of the acoustical practice and technology. Some project related travel can be expected. Salaries and benefits are competitive.
Email your resume together with a letter of interest explaining why you believe you are best qualified for this position.
D.L. Adams Associates
1536 Ogden Street
Denver, CO 80218
When responding, reference ad number 1204
SENIOR ACOUSTICAL CONSULTANT/ENGINEER:
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Senior Consultant in our Denver, Colorado office. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of engineering or science is required with 8 to 10 years of experience in architectural acoustics, mechanical system noise and vibration control, and environmental noise. Preference will be given to individuals who are registered Professional Engineers (PE) in the state of Colorado or are eligible to become registered PE’s in Colorado.
He or she will be responsible for the management of projects, review of design documents, writing and editing reports, leading project design teams, coordinating with other design team members concerning design details, developing acoustical criteria for different types of facilities, and preparing proposals for new work.
One important aspect of this position will be leading and directing our Technical Staff. Direct contact and communication with clients are important aspects of the job. Excellent verbal and writing skills are necessary and the individual’s people skills must be exceptional. Some travel can be expected, as we work nationally and internationally. The salary will be competitive and our employee benefits are exceptional. Ownership in the firm is a possibility.
Send your resume together with a letter of interest explaining why you are best qualified for this position.
D.L. Adams Associates
1536 Ogden Street
Denver, CO 80218
When responding, reference ad number 1203
Wilson Ihrig, now in our 51st year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant, Associate, and Senior Consultant positions in our Emeryville, CA (HQ); Bothell, WA; and New York City offices. Education and experience needs to be commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years, 3 to 6 years, and 6 plus years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects concerning transportation, buildings and environment. Typical project work areas include rail and automotive transportation systems, architectural and building acoustics, industrial noise control, HVAC and mechanical equipment, community and environmental acoustics, and construction noise and vibration monitoring. We highly value accurate empirical data, and may expect to make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Work will include, but will not be limited to:
- Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
- Field work can require climbing ladders, navigating on-site barriers, walking to remote off-road locations and transporting equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses
- Preparation and/or support of reports (including writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Bachelor’s, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Master's or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Knowledge of continuum mechanics, solid mechanics, and/or structural dynamics a plus.
- Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking.
- Creative, adaptable, independent, resourceful, dedicated, enthusiastic.
- Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment.
- Ability to analyze digitally recorded acoustical and vibration data .
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable.
- Vibration expertise and transportation project experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume, Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form on our website: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/
Send all in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Career development is encouraged through participation in professional organizations.
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191
Job Description: JEAcoustics seeks a senior level Acoustical Consultant, > 15 years experience, for Architectural Acoustics, Building Systems Noise & Vibration, Structural Vibration and/or Environmental Noise, ideally commencing 1Q18.
- This is a Senior Associate, Principal or Partner position only. We are not seeking junior or support staff at this time. Successful applicant will have direct consulting relationships with Clients and be individually responsible (without staff assistance) for consultation analyses, measurements, domestic travel, reports, meetings and written or oral communications.
- Project and business management experience are necessary.
- Degree(s) from accredited university program(s) and significant experience as acoustical consultant are required.
- Professional credentials, PE, INCE Bd. Cert., AIA, etc. are desirable.
- Location in Austin is preferred, although remote collaboration from other major city is possible for a limited time.
- Investment as shareholder or firm purchase is possible.
JEAcoustics is a professional engineering firm focussed on Acoustics, Noise, Vibration and Environmental Noise. We are located in Austin, Texas and provide consultation to architects, building owners, engineers and facility or real estate managers. The firm's portfolio has been dominated by academic and corporate research facilities & labs, medical-health care, office/conference, instructional, hotel-hospitality and government facilities. Unlike many acoustical consultants, JEA does not pursue performing arts and recording facilities, although we consult on large assembly and recording elements that are incorporated in larger facilities.
JEA offers competitive salary, health insurance, vacation and retirement benefits. The firm sponsors qualified technical presentations to technical conferences and symposia.
4407 Medical Parkway
Austin, TX 78756
When responding, reference ad number 1202