WJHW has immediate openings for acoustical consultants in our Dallas, TX office. The job requires the application of the principles and techniques of physics, engineering, and mathematics to the assessment, design, testing, and development of acoustical plans for architectural room acoustics, architectural sound isolation, mechanical noise and vibration control, and environmental noise.
The prospective employee will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field such as engineering or architecture or similar
• 0-5 years experience
• Knowledge in the application of acoustical principles to building and environmental acoustics
WJHW is looking for motivated individuals interested in the acoustics profession. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a group of acoustical consultants and technical systems designers in a variety of projects including sports venues, education, corporate office, civic buildings, hospitality, and environmental projects. The position includes the development and implementation of acoustical design as well as testing/analysis/modeling of acoustic systems. WJHW provides advancement opportunities for individuals that are self-motivated, show strong communication skills, and possess skills in acoustics and consulting.
Submit resume by email to email@example.com, faxed to (972) 934-3720 Attn: HR, or mailed to our office. WJHW will contact selected applicants to complete an application and schedule a formal interview. All applicants must be United States citizens or otherwise be legally allowed to work in the United States without our sponsorship (legal green card status, etc...).
WJHW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WJHW does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, ancestry, medical condition, marital status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
WJHW is a drug-free workplace. The manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, sale, purchase, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana on company or clients’ property is prohibited, including the use, possession or selling of drug paraphernalia. Employees who violate this policy are subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
3424 Midcourt Road, Suite 124
Carrollton, TX 75006
When responding, reference ad number 1240
AKRF, Inc. is seeking to add a senior acoustical consultant to its New York City acoustics, noise and vibration group. Applicants should have 5 to 10 years experience and be self-motivated, innovative, highly driven, and have the desire work on a wide range of acoustics, noise and vibration projects related to environmental sources (e.g., transportation, industry, energy, infrastructure, etc.); construction; architectural, structural, and MEP systems review; and interior design. Responsibilities would be project management, acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements, acoustical computer modeling (TNM, FTA, CadnaA, INSUL, EASE), reviewing architectural/MEP/structural drawings, HVAC ductwork and equipment noise calculations, vibration isolation recommendations, engineering calculations, and recommending practical design solutions. Additional experience with Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements, the CEQR Technical Manual, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development noise standards, and Noise (E) designations with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation would be beneficial.
Applicant should have a degree in one or more of the following: acoustical engineering, physics, mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering, and/or noise and vibration. In addition, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, well organized/detail oriented, project management and client relationship skills are keys to success in this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
AKRF, Inc. enforces a policy of equal employment opportunity in our daily operations. The firm has a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting and retaining minority group members and women. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
AKRF offers a friendly, casual but hardworking environment, great opportunities for personal growth, long-term career development, and excellent benefits. Send letter, resume and salary requirements to: careers@AKRF.com or to Human Resources, AKRF, Inc., 440 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016. EOE.
When responding, reference ad number 1239
A leading multi-discipline consulting engineering firm located in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area is seeking a highly motivated Acoustical Engineer/Consultant to join their growing team of professionals.
The ideal candidate will have work history that includes consulting services for external and internal clients utilizing acoustical engineering technical skills. This opportunity is for the candidate who can work well as a team player in a new acoustical group.
• Bachelors in a technical field related to Acoustics (Acoustical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, etc.)
• Masters degree (preferred, but not required)
• 10+ years of experience in Acoustical Engineering or Acoustical Consulting
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluating and developing solutions to noise and vibration control problems
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary engineering design team to incorporate design and detailing appropriate for acoustical purposes as the project evolves
• Acoustical modeling, analysis, and testing
• Business development acumen
• Project schedule and budget management
• Client management
• Managing the efforts of staff engineers and technicians
708 Foothill Drive
San Mateo, CA 94402
When responding, reference ad number 1237
Papadimos Group has immediate openings for acoustical consultants. We are based in Marin County (across the Golden Gate Bridge), have been in business since 2005, and specialize in all aspects of building acoustics and noise and vibration control.
Candidates should have strong analytical and communication skills, demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, be able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously, and willingness to technically challenge themselves. Our assignments are throughout the USA and as such some travel will be required.
Some of the key qualifications include:
• Academic degree in acoustics, engineering, architecture or related discipline
• Proven record of good written and verbal communications skills
• Strong computer skills are highly desirable
• Acoustic and vibration modeling and analysis skills
• Ability to collaborate in a small team setting and multitask
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
For immediate consideration, please submit resume with professional references, work samples, salary history or any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
4302 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, SUITE 100
SAN RAFAEL, California 94903
415 986 9100 x702
When responding, reference ad number 1238
The Greenbusch Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting firm located in the Interbay
neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Acoustical Department is seeking a dynamic and energetic
individual to fill the position of Acoustician to support a wide variety of interesting projects.
The Greenbusch Acoustical Department provides the following services:
• Environmental noise and vibration (industrial, construction, etc.).
• HVAC noise and vibration (building systems, noise code compliance, etc.).
• Building acoustics (sound isolation, reverberation control, etc.).
• Test and measurement (environmental noise, building acoustics, vibration, etc.).
At a minimum, the Acoustician would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
• Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments (transportation, utilities, construction, etc.) using
modeling software and manual calculations.
• Conduct short-term and long-term measurements of environmental noise/vibration, including ambient
conditions and compliance monitoring.
• Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria, coordinate with the design or permitting
team, and prepare narratives and memoranda documenting analysis results.
• Perform building acoustics assessments on an as-needed basis.
• Lift 50 pounds and be able to transport measurement equipment to and from measurement sites
throughout the Pacific Northwest.
• 3-5 years of experience as a consulting acoustician.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field. A bachelor’s degree
in Acoustics can be included in the experience requirement above.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for
quality customer service.
• Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet
• Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
• Competitive salary and benefits package. US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
• Electronic submission of a resume and transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
When responding, reference ad number 1236