TALASKE is seeking qualified candidates for work as an Acoustics Consultant in the field of architectural acoustics. TALASKE offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Perform design, documentation & construction administration tasks on multiple projects as designer and Project Manager as related to Room Acoustics, Sound Isolation, and Noise Control.
Perform Business Development tasks as coordinated with the Business Development Director, including proposal writing and budgeting, to secure new projects.
Candidates should have 3-5 years of experience in the acoustic design of buildings with a similar acoustics consulting firm.
Excellent communication, writing, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills
Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
LEED Certification, experience with Revit, and in music, theater, and/or architecture are also desirable.
For consideration, email a letter of interest and resume which highlights experience versus desired qualifications. Within Subject line, reference ‘Acoustics Consultant’, to: Rick@talaske.com and Joan@talaske.com
Located just outside of Chicago, TALASKE | SOUND THINKING is an acoustical consulting firm with a national and international practice in the acoustic design of performing arts facilities and other buildings. For more information, please visit our web site at www.talaske.com
Talaske Group Inc
1033 South Boulevard
Oak Park, Illinois 60302
When responding, reference ad number 1210
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC is a nationally-recognized consulting firm specializing in acoustics and vibration. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, sound masking and sound modeling design. For the past two years, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area. We are seeking talented professionals to join us as we grow.
Available Position: Acoustic and Vibration Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
• Performs field testing including SPL, reverberation time, STC, IIC, vibration.
• Consults with clients providing guidance and expertise in acoustical and vibration design.
• Manages acoustic and vibration projects.
• Coordinates with team members inside and outside the company to produce design details.
• Performs acoustic studies using off-the-shelf software as well as Metropolitan Acoustics’ licensed and proprietary software.
• Composes high-quality reports with recommendations.
• Works with the acoustics and vibration team to refine our tools and develop new ones.
• Participates in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• 0-10 years of experience in acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Acoustics, Physics, or relevant engineering field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
• Experience with EASE, SketchUp, INSUL, and HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee-owned and conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia above Suburban Station, Metropolitan Acoustics offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, generous paid time off, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Applicants must be able to legally work in the U.S.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd, Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1209
As a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer at ABD Engineering & Design, you'll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will design and engineer acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise. You'll work with a team of professional engineers solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, workplace, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise into practice, and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your resume to Melinda Miller, Principal Engineer: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABD Engineering & Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and audiovisual design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
Our consultants provide AV design and acoustical consulting services to: architects, engineers, facility directors, municipalities, and building owners. Our acoustics team includes acoustical consultants, acoustical engineers, noise consultants, and vibration consultants. Our integrated team of audiovisual consultants design audio, video, and conference room systems, to integrate with the native acoustical environment.
As an independent consulting, engineering, and design firm, ABD Engineering & Design performs consulting services only, and does not manufacture, sell, or install any products. This enables us to offer objective recommendations for our clients' projects. For more information, visit www.abdengineering.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
-Read and review architectural, mechanical, structural plans, and noise codes and consult on space design, sound isolation, environmental/transportation noise, and building systems noise control.
-Provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
-Measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration on interior and exterior environments and verify acoustical compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, standards, and ANSI guidelines.
-Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients and prospects as needed.
-Write technical reports and explain technical concepts to clients, lead seminars and presentations to prospects and clients, and publish technical papers on acoustical topics.
-Provide internal marketing support for blogs, proposals, and budgets.
-Supervise and manage acoustical consultants and other support staff as needed.
-Manage projects, client expectations, and deadlines.
-Read industry periodicals and attend necessary training to stay current on industry trends and standards and maintain certifications and licenses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
-Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
-Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
-Expertise with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
-Expert witness and land use application process experience are highly desirable.
-Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
-Aware of sustainable design principles - preferably LEED AP certification.
-Proficient in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, TRANE Acoustics Program (TAP), CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
-Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
-Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD's needs change.
-Ability to travel as needed.
-Availability to relocate to our office in Portland, Oregon.
-Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
-Eight to ten years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation - licensed as a Professional Engineer or INCE Board Certification.
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc.
321 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1208
Wilson Ihrig, now in its 52nd year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. Wilson Ihrig is always open to speaking with qualified Senior Consultant and Principal-level applicants.
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to grow the business by maintaining existing clients and acquiring new clients.
- Manage organization functions assigned to the office including staff administration; project administration; quality assurance; and business development.
- Manage and lead projects.
- Supervise and develop staff both professionally and technically.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses.
- Prepare technical reports in clear, concise English.
- Direct and participate in field work.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration.
- Possess a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in acoustical engineering.
- Vibration expertise and transportation project experience are highly desirable.
- Significant experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction modeling software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages are highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Business development experience, as this is a key aspect of this position.
- Represent the firm at industry events, conferences, and client meetings.
- Excellent verbal/presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong client management skills.
- Ability to think clearly and work under pressure.
- Must demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself, along with your resume.
Also include our Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form. Both can be found on our website: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/ and send all in PDF format to: email@example.com
or mail to:
6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191
Eilar Associates, Inc., an acoustical and environmental consulting firm located in Escondido, San Diego County, CA, is currently reviewing resumes of qualified candidates for an entry level, full-time Staff Consultant to assist Acoustical Consultants on many projects doing a variety of tasks in the areas of Noise Modeling, Acoustic Measurements, and Reporting. Familiarity with building construction and reading architectural plans is preferred, education in acoustics and excellent communication and organizational skills are strongly desired. Knowledge of noise monitoring equipment as well as computer literacy in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel would better qualify the candidate. Room for growth with the company. Forward your resume, letter of interest and supporting information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eilar Associates, Inc.
210 SOUTH JUNIPER ST STE 100
ESCONDIDO, CA 92025
When responding, reference ad number 1205