Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC is a nationally-recognized consulting firm in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry based in Philadelphia, PA specializing in acoustics, vibration, and technology design. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, and audio-visual system design. For the past two years, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in Philadelphia. We are seeking talented professionals to join us as we grow.
• Manages acoustics projects.
• Interprets architectural and engineering drawings.
• Performs acoustic studies using Metropolitan Acoustics’ licensed and proprietary software.
• Collaborates with the acoustics and vibration team to develop recommendations.
• Drafts high-quality reports with recommendations.
• Consults with clients, providing guidance and expertise in acoustical design.
• Performs field testing of sound and vibration transmission.
• Works with the acoustics and vibration team to refine our tools and develop new ones.
• Participates in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in architectural acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Acoustics, Physics, or relevant engineering field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with EASE, SketchUp, INSUL, and HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee-owned and conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia above Suburban Station, Metropolitan Acoustics offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, generous paid time off, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd., Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1196
Thanks to longstanding and continued success, Acentech is growing. We seek to hire an experienced acoustics consultant to work in our Architectural Acoustics and Mechanical Noise Control Group. The position is client-facing, hands-on consulting for the full range of our projects, including science and technology, commercial, civic, education, worship, residential, healthcare, and performing arts. The ideal candidate has:
• 10+ years of experience working for an acoustics consulting firm.
• Experience working on projects related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control on a variety of project types. Particular experience with labs and high-tech facilities is a big plus.
• Skilled and interested in developing business, and an eagerness to be one of the “faces” of Acentech.
• A working understanding of vibration isolation.
• Experience with various acoustics measurements, in accordance with ANSI, ASTM, and ISO standards.
• Experience reading and interpreting building drawings and specifications.
• Experience with acoustical modeling software, noise modeling software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, and standard word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Proven acoustics consulting project management experience.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
• A Masters degree in a field directly or closely related to architectural acoustics.
• Demonstrated leadership in the field, via speaking engagements, byline articles, blog posts, etc.
• Passion for his or her work – for buildings, for sound, for music.
Acentech’s consultants are actively involved with many professional societies and industry associations (ASA, INCE, and others). Consultants support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. Our consultants are involved with all aspects of project and client management – from proposal writing to post-completion checkouts.
Acentech is a nationally recognized multi-disciplinary design consulting firm specializing in acoustics, vibration, audiovisual system, IT and security system design. The company serves a diverse group of clients from its offices in Cambridge, MA; Trevose, PA; and Los Angeles, CA. With a professional staff of more than 55 consultants, Acentech is one of the largest organizations of its type. Acentech fosters a collaborative environment of diverse talent, and we actively look for candidates that can further broaden and enrich our experience, perspective, and expertise.
Acentech is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including three weeks of vacation for starting employees, ten paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental coverage that is 80% company paid including reimbursement for 100% of deductable costs, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and many other benefits. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
33 Moulton Street
Cambridge, MA 02138-1118
When responding, reference ad number 1195
MCH is seeking a mid-level consultant in Architectural Acoustics and Noise Control to be based in our growing branch office in Scottsdale, Arizona. The position involves consulting on a range of building types involving sound isolation, HVAC system noise & vibration control, and room acoustics. Expect to interface with our AV/Media Systems group on most projects. Our projects include major performing arts centers and university facilities, museums and courthouses, sound stages and theme parks, worship spaces, libraries, medical facilities, high-profile office buildings, civic centers, and more.
Candidates should have a BA or BS in architecture, mechanical engineering, or related fields, and must be able to demonstrate strong writing and oral-presentation skills. A Master's degree, facility with field measurements, some involvement in professional societies, and project management experience are preferred. AutoCAD, Revit, architectural modeling/auralization, HVAC analysis, and related expertise are highly desirable.
Please send resume + salary history to THoover@MCHinc.com or mail to McKay Conant Hoover Inc, at address below. MCH maintains principle offices near Los Angeles. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and outstanding benefits.
McKay Conant Hoover inc
5655 lindero canyon rd, suite 325
westlake village, California 91362
When responding, reference ad number 1194
Mei Wu Acoustics seeks a senior level acoustical consultant with at least 3 years of consulting experience to work on a wide range of projects including room acoustics, environmental noise, vibration, HVAC and mechanical noise, and architectural acoustical design.
Mei Wu Acoustics is located in the San Francisco Bay area. Our projects range from hospitals to office buildings, mixed-use residential, research laboratories, teleconference rooms, recording studios, auditoria, environmental noise monitoring, mechanical system noise and vibration control, and construction and transportation noise. We offer competitive salary, bonus plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time for sick days and vacation.
Mei Wu Acoustics
1650 Borel Place
San Mateo, California 94402
When responding, reference ad number 1192
Wilson Ihrig, now in our 51st year, is an internationally-renowned consulting firm that offers a complete range of professional services associated with acoustics, noise, and vibration control. We are currently seeking qualified acousticians for Assistant, Associate, and Senior Consultant positions in our Emeryville, CA (HQ); Bothell, WA; and New York City offices. Education and experience needs to be commensurate with the position you are interested in, typically, 0 to 3 years, 3 to 6 years, and 6 plus years, respectively.
We serve a wide range of clients on projects concerning transportation, buildings and environment. Typical project work areas include rail and automotive transportation systems, architectural and building acoustics, industrial noise control, HVAC and mechanical equipment, community and environmental acoustics, and construction noise and vibration monitoring. We highly value accurate empirical data, and may expect to make all manner of noise, vibration, pressure, strain, and other physical measurements in the course of your work. You will be joining a technical staff of 18 people that collectively has more than 200 years of experience and knowledge.
Work will include, but will not be limited to:
- Extensive acoustical and vibration measurements, usually in the field. Field trips may happen outside normal working hours, may require long days, and do involve travel to different parts of the country (or the world!)
- Field work can require climbing ladders, navigating on-site barriers, walking to remote off-road locations and transporting equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Noise and vibration technical analyses
- Preparation and/or support of reports (including writing and graphics) in clear, concise English
- Bachelor’s, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Acoustics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Master's or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Knowledge of continuum mechanics, solid mechanics, and/or structural dynamics a plus.
- Direct, relatable experience to match the level of position you are seeking.
- Creative, adaptable, independent, resourceful, dedicated, enthusiastic.
- Experience using sound and/or vibration measurement equipment.
- Ability to analyze digitally recorded acoustical and vibration data .
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with sound and vibration prediction model software (SoundPlan, CadnaA), CAD programs, MatLab, and/or programming languages is highly desirable.
- Vibration expertise and transportation project experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter introducing yourself and why you would like to work for Wilson Ihrig, along with your resume, Employment Application Form, and Permission to Obtain Information and Release Form on our website: http://www.wilsonihrig.com/about-us/careers/
Send all in PDF format to: email@example.com
6001 Shellmound Street, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
Wilson Ihrig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Career development is encouraged through participation in professional organizations.
6001 Shellmound Street Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608
When responding, reference ad number 1191