CENSEO AV+Acoustics is an acoustical engineering and Audio/Visual (AV) design consulting firm established in 2012. Office headquarters are located in Kailua, Hawaii with satellite offices in Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington. At CENSEO, we are continually working to meet the growing demand for state-of-the-art infrastructure by offering industry-leading AV design and acoustical consulting services. Due to an influx of new projects in the western region, we are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Project Engineer.
This position contributes to the design and development of a wide range of infrastructure including municipal and residential buildings, resorts, educational facilities, healthcare, military, performing arts centers, and more. The position includes involvement in all phases of the design process, from project proposal to final systems checkout. Depending on the specific project, primary responsibilities include developing AV systems design, assessing HVAC vibration and noise levels, and evaluating natural room acoustics. The job includes some environmental noise studies, construction site visits, and acoustical data analysis. The ability to communicate design concepts and test results through written reports and verbal presentations is essential.
• AV System Design
• Design and evaluate room acoustics
• Perform field testing: STC, IIC, vibration
• Analyze sound level data
• Familiarity with the A/E/C design stages
• Prepare professional reports and communicate directly with clients
• Conduct calculations involving environmental sound levels and reverberation time
• Develop design drawings, & system specifications using 2-D and 3-D computer aided design software (AutoCAD & Revit)
• Audio-related modeling using EASE software
• Participate in marketing and business growth efforts
• Availability to travel for occasional site visits
• Uphold CENSEO’s protocol and quality standards
• Personal dedication to enhancing the CENSEO team
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in AV and/or Acoustical Design
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a Master’s degree in either field is an asset
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, CadnaA & other modeling software
• Passion for AV and acoustics, as applied to building & construction
• Detail oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage projects
• Experience in room acoustics, sound isolation, noise & vibration control
• Understanding of acoustic standards and measurements
• Experience interpreting building drawings and specs
• Project Management experience and implementation of design concepts
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Desire to contribute to and grow with our CENSEO team
CENSEO’s portfolio includes a wide range of project types with local and global reach. Our team has been recognized for leadership, quality, a healthy work environment, marketing campaigns, and Pacific Business News Fastest 50. We remain involved in professional organizations and promote a positive work-life balance.
CENSEO affords equal employment opportunities to all individuals according to the U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy. We offer competitive salaries and highly desirable benefits including PTO, 401K, medical/dental insurance plans, remote work options, and many other desirable benefits. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Qualified applicants only please.
1100 W Colorado Blvd. Ste. 410-C
Littleton, CO 80120
When responding, reference ad number 1221