Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd has provided acoustics, media systems, noise control, and theater consulting services to design professionals, building owners, and facility users since 1992. We advise, design, and provide expert analysis to create special places for culture, education, entertainment, living, work, and worship. We are looking for an enthusiastic CAD Technician who wants to further his/her personal and professional goals while helping to grow our business.
1-3 Years of experience
Provide technical design and drafting support for acoustic, audio-visual, and theater systems projects using AutoCAD and REVIT software. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Draft audio-visual, theater, and acoustic details and drawings in AutoCAD and REVIT software;
• Work with AutoCAD and REVIT software to develop project templates, custom families, and blocks;
• Coordinate architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical plans and models with the audio-visual and
theater systems drawings and models;
• Provide AutoCAD and REVIT software technical support to staff;
• Provide drafting support to staff producing PDFs and making prints.
Opportunities for Professional Development
• Learn about audio-visual and theater systems by attending manufacturer training classes;
• Learn how to design basic audio-visual systems;
• Learn how to use acoustic simulation software for modeling sound systems;
• Learn about acoustics and assist with acoustic measurements.
• Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer-Aided Design with a focus on Architecture and
• 1-3 years of experience using Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit in the architecture and engineering industry;
• Demonstrated ability to create and edit templates, dynamic blocks, and custom families in Autodesk AutoCAD
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, submittals, specifications, and details;
• Must be detail-oriented and take ownership of projects;
• Ability to effectively plan and organize the work process, to include digital asset management;
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work effectively to meet deadlines, and take direction;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work well with others;
• Demonstrates a willingness to continue education and grow professionally and personally.
• Experience with SketchUp;
• Knowledge of general building design and construction practices;
• Experience in the audio-visual industry;
• Technical theater or film/television production background;
• Interest or experience in the performing arts (music, drama, etc.).
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd provides competitive salaries based on applicant’s qualifications. Benefits for full-time staff include paid holidays and time off, 401K profit sharing, paid health insurance, and professional development.
Interested applicants should send a resume outlining their education and work experience along with a cover letter describing their unique qualifications to email@example.com. Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a smoke-free workplace. Due to the nature of some of our work, we require US citizenship or legal alien immigration status.
Neil Thompson Shade
Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd
7509 Lhirondelle Club Road
Ruxton, MD 21204
410 821 5930
When responding, reference ad number 1231