Phoenix Noise & Vibration LLC is an Acoustical Engineering Firm located in Frederick, Maryland founded in October 2004 by a group of professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience in all aspects of noise and vibration control in the building industry. Our goal is to be the first choice for noise and vibration control services in the mid-Atlantic region.
The PNV environment will appeal to the independent, self-directed individual interested in being a part of a small but growing company. Working directly with the existing engineering staff will provide a unique opportunity for individual development in many aspects of acoustical engineering. With a client base predominantly in the DC area, there will be exposure and experience to a larger metropolitan work environment. Located an hour from both Washington, DC and Baltimore in beautiful historic Frederick Maryland, Phoenix Noise & Vibration LLC offers competitive wages and benefits for this full time position.
Associate Acoustical Engineer - (0-3 yrs.)
The Associate Acoustical Engineer will:
• Conduct a variety of field measurements in outdoor & indoor environments.
• Perform data reduction and analysis.
• Create noise mitigation designs using computer modeling and traditional techniques.
• Write reports documenting the measurement and mitigation procedures.
• Develop drawings, details and exhibits using AutoCAD software.
• Develop 3-D computer models.
• BS Degree: Acoustical, Architectural, Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or Physics
• Related study areas: Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Control
• Experience in AutoCAD, MSOffice, Adobe Acrobat
• Related study areas: HVAC noise analysis, Building Acoustics (room separation analysis), Transportation Noise Analysis, Vibration, Finite Element Analysis
• Experience in: CadnaA, Sound Plan, EASE, AIM, TRANE, INSUL and/or FHWA: Traffic Noise Model
• Construction experience
• Ability to interpret architectural and MEP drawing sets.
Phoenix Noise & Vibration
5216 Chairmans Court
Frederick, , Maryland 21703
When responding, reference ad number 1232