Working under the supervision of the Senior Consultant, the Intern will learn the fundamentals of the Acoustical Consultant position. Acoustical Consultants are responsible for designing and engineering acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating noise and vibration.
The Intern will work independently as well as collaboratively with staff to learn the fundamentals of solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, workplace, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acoustics By Design is one of the nation's leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms providing consulting services to: architects, engineers, facility directors, municipalities, and building owners. Our offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Portland, Oregon allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world. For more information, visit www.acousticsbydesign.com.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
• Help perform tests and measurements for sites to evaluate the acoustical conditions.
• Contribute to a project from beginning to end, including attending internal and client meetings; reading and reviewing architectural, mechanical, and structural plans and consulting on space design and material selection; and provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
• Manage internal projects and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
• Basic understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
• Familiarity with AutoCAD and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent.
• Data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
• Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to relocate to our Portland, Oregon office. Anticipated paid internship would run approximately June – August.
• Working towards Bachelors or Graduate Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
Acoustics By Design
321 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
When responding, reference ad number 1201