MCH seeks a Junior to Mid-Level consultant who values personal growth, embraces challenge, demonstrates strong technical, communication, and writing skills, and is passionate about architectural acoustics. The consultant will work closely with the principals on a range of building types involving sound isolation, HVAC systems noise & vibration control, and room acoustics, and will coordinate closely with our AV/Media Systems Group.
• Perform detailed design review and analysis, and provide acoustical recommendations to design team members during the following phases: Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents
• Perform site observation trips and conduct field measurements
• Write acoustical summary reports that will be issued to clients
• Assist in the generation of proposals for consulting services
• BA or BS in architecture, mechanical engineering or related fields with specific coursework in architectural acoustics
• Ability to confidently, clearly, and effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Active engagement in a professional society related to architecture and/or acoustics
• Familiarity with architectural modeling/auralization and HVAC analysis
• A Master's degree, facility with field measurements, and project management experience are preferred.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, are highly desirable.
Since 1987, we have embraced the notion that Sound Science is Art. We are committed to providing excellence in consulting services to architects and engineers to ensure appropriate acoustical and audiovisual environments. Our projects have earned highly prestigious design awards and recognition. Many of our performing arts projects have received acclaim from renowned critics and musicians alike.
Please send resume to THoover@MCHinc.com. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, paid healthcare insurance, vacation and sick pay, a performance-based bonus program, and a profit sharing 401(k) plan.
McKay Conant Hoover inc
5655 lindero canyon rd, suite 325
westlake village, California 91362
When responding, reference ad number 1194