Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an Acoustical Consultant for a mid to senior level position. Thanks to the best and brightest engineers in our industry, we have provided innovative engineering solutions to shape the world for more than 90 years. We realize the importance of work-life balance on not only your success in the office, but for your home life, mental health, and overall satisfaction. Our team-focused environment encourages employee growth and development, offers responsibility to those willing to accept it, and provides technical coaches to help you engineer success.
- Gather and analyze acoustical data including field measurements of reverberation time, sound transmission, impact isolation, vibration, and mechanical noise.
- Design for Architectural Acoustics, Sound Isolation, Equipment Noise and Vibration Control, Environmental Acoustics, Industrial Noise Control, Forensic Site Investigation, and Computer Modeling and Auralization.
- Coordination with other disciplines both in-house and out-of-house, including architectural, interior design, audio visual, MEP and structural.
- Project management and client coordination
- Prepare drawings, sketches, and reports to document findings and convey recommendations
- Lead and direct technical staff and consultants
- Availability for travel (10-20%).
- Participation in the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) or Institute of Noise Control Engineers (INCE) is encouraged.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in Acoustics, Engineering, Physics or other discipline with a coursework focus on architectural acoustics and noise control preferred.
- Experience and expertise in structural vibration measurement and control beneficial.
- Membership in ASA and INCE preferred. INCE Board Certified beneficial.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, INSUL, AIM, and modeling software including EASE or ODEON
- Experience with REVIT beneficial.
- Must prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
- Able to listen and demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to acoustical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the design of MEP systems with the integration of additional services including commissioning, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
Newcomb & Boyd is a firm member of the National Council of Acoustical Consultants (NCAC).
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd
303 Peachtree Center Av Suite 525
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
When responding, reference ad number 1214