Downtown Chicago-based consulting firm seeks senior acoustical engineer to complete our team. Professional Engineering license preferred.
We offer equity ownership to the right individual. You will be managing a wide range of projects related to sound isolation, room acoustics and mechanical system noise and vibration control. Your writing, communication, and collaboration skills will be central to your success. Our Associates must be able to present technical information in clear language and engage in creative and effective problem solving.
As an industry-leading firm we consult on a variety of buildings including high rise multi-family residential, educational facilities, hotels, hospitals, offices and power plants. Many of our projects are constructed in noise-impacted areas.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
• At least a Bachelor of Science degree and experience in one or more of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Acoustics.
• Demonstrated success interacting with clients, including business development.
• Proficient with sound and vibration measurement equipment and techniques, acoustical modeling software and analysis.
• Must have working knowledge of building systems and construction methods and be able to communicate with architects, engineers and contractors.
• Ability to interpret construction drawings.
• Background in the energy industry, including power plants and related systems preferred.
Shiner + Associates, Inc.
225 W. Washington St. - Suite 1625
Chicago, IL 60606
When responding, reference ad number 1182