Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC is a nationally-recognized consulting firm in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry based in Philadelphia, PA specializing in acoustics, vibration, and technology design. Established in 1990, our core services include architectural acoustics, noise and vibration control, sound and vibration monitoring, and audio-visual system design. For the past two years, Metropolitan Acoustics has been a recipient of the Philadelphia 100 Award, a distinction given to the top 100 fastest growing companies in Philadelphia. We are seeking talented professionals to join us as we grow.
• Manages acoustics projects.
• Interprets architectural and engineering drawings.
• Performs acoustic studies using Metropolitan Acoustics’ licensed and proprietary software.
• Collaborates with the acoustics and vibration team to develop recommendations.
• Drafts high-quality reports with recommendations.
• Consults with clients, providing guidance and expertise in acoustical design.
• Performs field testing of sound and vibration transmission.
• Works with the acoustics and vibration team to refine our tools and develop new ones.
• Participates in professional development opportunities such as authoring technical papers, attending conferences, and participating in committees.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in architectural acoustics consulting or related field.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Acoustics, Physics, or relevant engineering field.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with EASE, SketchUp, INSUL, and HVAC noise modeling software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee-owned and conveniently located in Center City Philadelphia above Suburban Station, Metropolitan Acoustics offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, health flexible spending account, 401K/profit sharing, professional development, generous paid time off, bonuses, and stock options.
Metropolitan Acoustics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Metropolitan Acoustics will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position.
Metropolitan Acoustics, LLC
1628 JFK Blvd., Suite 1902
Philadelphia, PA 19103
When responding, reference ad number 1196